Carbonfuture makes carbon removal from the atmosphere simple, trustworthy, and scalable. Our digital platform and financial services enable a new class of scientifically defensible carbon removal credits while unlocking a path to financial scale for carbon removal businesses globally. The carbon market – a powerful lever of climate impact – is built on trust, and we’re building the trusted infrastructure we believe will be essential for our clients' lasting success and, ultimately, for the success of our joint effort to solve the climate crisis.
We started in Germany (Freiburg im Breisgau), also have hubs in San Francisco and Zürich and consider the world our oyster. Our ambition and rapid growth have been recognized and fueled by recent investments raised, totaling 8.4 M €. Thus, we are growing our team as we ramp up to the next phase of scale and climate impact.
Your role & responsibilities
As a Sales Manager you source and negotiate Carbon Removal purchase agreements that help corporations and organisations procure the removals they need to be effective stewards of our incomparable planet. You apply your empathetic and effective hustle throughout the US and the Americas if you see fit. You will work closely with colleagues on both sides of the Atlantic as part of the Commerical Team including supply, product and marketing teams.
What is in store for you
- Define, drive and get B2B outbound campaigns to the ground, meaning effectively turn them into long term purchase agreements as well as spot sales.
- Source, negotiate and contract deals that enable companies to implement their net zero strategy including the carbon removal credits they need and can trust.
- Build relevant networks and partnerships with ecosystem actors quickly.
- Manage and collaborate with the Supply Team to write and submit proposals for credit sales and forecast demand.
- Track your sales progress in a way that is easy to follow and makes pure reporting meetings superfluous.
- Understand our clients’ pains and wishes and feed them to our product team, so that we can turn them into an ever-stronger product and carbon removal sourcing offering.
- Cooperate with our global sales and supply team in a way to ensure we pull each other to ever higher grounds and functional mastery.
- Be the face and heart of Carbonfuture at conferences and other relevant events, in working groups and associations.
- Continue learning as the market, technologies and regulatory framework mature. Be an expert that cares.
- Matt, our Head of US Business will help you remove all obstacles and provide you with everything you need for your success and growth.
What you bring:
- Proven performance over multiple years in high-value, complex B2B sales to large corporates. Preferably in fast-moving, earlier-stage B2B Start-ups.
- You have an understanding of climate change related frameworks like net-zero, climate neutrality, foot printing, ESG and others. Preferably you have experience in carbon credit procurement or sales.
- You love working with people and have built long-lasting, trusted professional relationships.
- You are as comfortable working with Fortune 500 executives as you are with startup CEOs.
- You are a skillful, fair and effective negotiator, create win-win deals, and have a great commercial sense and know the ins and outs of effective contracting.
- You can clearly articulate value propositions and help simplify complex, technical or new content into concise, accessible communications. You have native speaking fluencies in American English. Spanish is a plus.
- You are imaginative, committed, and like to give it your all.
- You are no stranger to CRMs like HubSpot and use them effectively, from pipeline management to dashboard usage.
- You are excited to be an active part in addressing the climate crisis.
Join a small, ambitious, international team and enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Key role in shaping a fast-growing climate tech startup
- Support for learning & professional development
- Flexible working hours & understanding of the importance of work life balance
- A culture of undogmatic, unbureaucratic creativity and diverse collaboration
- 30 days annual paid time off
- Support for overall health. Also: You will find keen climbers, hikers and outdoor lovers in all our locations 😉
Did we spark your interest? Send us a shout and your resume or equivalent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Start as soon as possible
Place of work San Francisco Bay Area. Remote in the US possible.
Scope of work full-time preferred
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to contact us:
Matt Wilson Plasek, Head of US Business