BuzzWord is seeking a Writer, who will assist in planning, collecting, writing, and editing the content for corporate ESG/sustainability reports and related communications.
Writers are client-facing and work both independently and collaboratively as part of larger project teams. BuzzWord projects are typically 3-6 months in duration, with variable hours on a week-to-week basis depending on project needs (i.e., hours may scale up or down based on the project cycle and deliverables).
This is a project-based role as an independent contractor, paid on either fixed fee or hourly rate basis.
The ideal candidate will have substantive ESG/sustainability knowledge and experience writing about ESG/sustainability topics for corporate clients in sectors including financial services, energy, media, and consumer products.
- Working with a team of project managers, writers, copy editors, designers, and analysts to deliver consistently high-quality products and services to our clients
- Writing and editing reports, disclosures, and other communications materials in a range of styles and tones and on a broad variety of ESG/sustainability topics, as sole author or as part of a larger writing team
- Conducting desk research and subject matter expert interviews and reviewing a wide range of internal and external materials to extract and synthesize relevant information and craft a clear and coherent narrative
- Collaborating with designers to ensure the content and design align with and support one another
Relevant Skills include:
- 5+ years of experience writing corporate communications either as an in-house, agency, or freelance communications professional. Experience writing ESG/sustainability reports preferred
- Substantive knowledge of corporate ESG/sustainability issues; familiarity with ESG frameworks (GRI, TCFD, SASB, UNGC, UN SDGs, etc.) and rankers and raters a plus
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with the ability to skillfully incorporate large volumes of information into a clear, coherent, and well-organized narrative under time constraints
- Ability to effectively describe technically complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A strong client service orientation with a demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines
- Self-directed, highly-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work on virtual teams
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly in a flat organization
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
Remote, based in the U.S.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply here. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis.
Have questions about this position? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
BuzzWord values diversity of ideas, backgrounds, cultures, and experience within our team, and we are committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive culture. BuzzWord is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. BuzzWord does not retaliate against team members who might raise claims of discrimination or harassment.