The Vice President will be actively involved in executing investments and structuring financings for Aligned’s distributed energy strategy – Aligned Solar Partners (ASP). Specifically, this strategy acquires construction-ready distributed solar, energy storage, and EV charging assets in the United States through a tax-efficient structure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for investment execution and structured finance for the ASP strategy. It includes opportunities for growth and advancement.
Specifically, the Vice President will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the negotiation and execution of term sheets, project acquisitions, debt placement, and other key contracts (MIPA, EPC, O&M, etc.) with direction from Aligned’s senior management;
- Coordinate and oversee diligence and investment activities performed by Associates on the ASP team and outside counsel;
- Build and maintain detailed financial models to evaluate investment opportunities and make investment recommendations;
- Prepare and present investment memos to the Investment Committee;
- Support origination efforts for the ASP strategy;
- Support portfolio management for the ASP investments;
- Engage professionally with our Advisory Board and external stakeholders;
- Closely track and report on relevant market, industry, and regulatory developments;
- Represent Aligned at conferences, industry panels, and other external engagements; and
- Support Aligned’s fundraising, investor relations, and asset management activities as directed by management.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Law, Public Policy, Sustainability, or a related field;
- At least five years of experience in renewable energy M&A, private equity, finance, investment banking, or a relevant clean energy/climate-related field;
- Strong financial modeling skills and experience with tax equity and project financing structures;
- Demonstrated experience successfully structuring transactions across a portfolio of investments in renewable energy or project finance;
- Experience with distributed energy project acquisitions and structured finance, including placement of both construction and permanent debt;
- Proven knowledge of distributed energy regulatory frameworks and offtake structures, including net energy billing, community solar, energy storage tariffs, and relevant policy incentives;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Fluency in written and verbal communications; and
- Strong commitment to addressing the threat of climate change.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Carried interest participation in Aligned’s investment partnerships
- Eligibility for annual bonus and other financial incentives
• Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and 401k