The Sustainability Services Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of Environmental Social Governance (ESG) strategy and practices for clients’ commercial real estate investment portfolio. This entails working with client’s ESG taskforce and/or ESG leader on a daily basis to develop and assist in all aspects of sustainability from corporate level strategy development to portfolio level ESG reporting to property level sustainability implementation. The Sustainability Services Manager will also be managing sustainability associates and analyst who will support the manager in all aspects of clients’ ESG program development and implementation.
The position requires a self-motivated individual with a strong technical inclination, precise organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail. A successful candidate must have the aptitude to analyze data, strong interpersonal communication, writing and time management skills. Candidates with experience in ESG for commercial real estate are preferred. Additional preference include previous experience managing a team, expertise in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager, and familiarity with the GRESB assessment.
About the Job (Responsibilities)
- Direct communication with clients’ ESG Team/Leader on a daily/weekly basis
- Develop and/or implement ESG strategies and initiatives
- Support clients’ in answering ESG due diligence questionnaires
- Manage sustainability associates and analysts on property level implementation and reporting
- Provide training to sustainability associates and analysts where needed
- Review property level sustainability performance reports, ESG sections of investor reports and annual sustainability reports
- Assist in the annual submission for clients’ GRESB assessment
- Ensure client deliverables are sent out in a timely manner
- Develop client presentations on various topics of sustainability and present to clients
- Reviewing and ensuring property level compliance with green building legislation, and completion of green building certification
- Assist in the identification, evaluation and implementation of property level sustainability projects
- Collaborate with different departments to achieve client goals
- Passion for sustainability and green buildings
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field of study and/or directly related experience.
- Knowledge in the commercial real estate industry and green building industry
- Proven track record of managing projects or accounts independently
- Detail-oriented, analytically-inclined self-motivated quick learner
- Ability to multi-task and stay ahead of the schedule
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects, perform a broad range of simultaneous duties, change priorities, and keep up with a continually heavy workload
- Experienced in Microsoft Office
Why work for LORD Green Real Estate Strategies?
We work together to make positive, measurable differences at each property with which we work. We help develop and support the portfolio-wide sustainability strategy and policies of the major corporations that have entrusted us to make the right decisions in all aspects of sustainability.
At LORD Green, we are excited about and value the work we do every day. We respect each other’s abilities and dedication, which is crucial as we depend so heavily on one another to produce industry-leading consulting services. We enjoy the challenge of coming up with new solutions to problems in an ever-changing industry.
We are a growing team composed of high-caliber individuals that learn from and encourage each other. We are driven to produce high quality work in an extremely rewarding field of sustainability. Additionally, we get to work in an office environment that is highly supportive of personal and professional growth. All employees work in our Dallas, TX office.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Pension Plan
- Health Insurance; some plans have $0 monthly cost to employee
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Kitchen fully stocked with healthy snacks
- Team-building volunteering opportunities
About LORD Green Strategies
LORD Green Real Estate Strategies, Inc. is a highly successful global sustainability consulting firm specializing in sustainability and ESG consulting services for commercial real estate owners. Our clients hold some of the largest commercial portfolios in the country, and LORD Green provides them with green building certification assessments and consulting for third-party certification schemes such as LEED, Green Globes, BREEAM, IREM CSP, Fitwel and Green Key among others. Additionally, we provide portfolio-wide sustainability strategy development, monitoring and reporting. Our sustainability reporting services include Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB), United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) reporting. With a highly skilled and diverse team, LORD Green has established itself as a LEED Proven Provider and ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Partner and Top Certifier.
We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about sustainability and commercial real estate and/or commercial building.