Sustainability Services Associate
The Sustainability Services Associate will be responsible for the implementation of Environmental Social Governance (ESG) strategy and practices at the property level. This entails working with property teams daily on various aspects of ESG from data analysis to project evaluation. The Sustainability Services Associate will be assisting the Sustainability Services Manager on client ESG Program development as well as training the Sustainability Services Analyst.
This position requires a self-motivated individual that is detail oriented, comfortable with numbers, and with strong technical inclination. This organized person remains flexible with changing priorities and is able to multitask efficiently. The ideal candidate takes initiative and is a true team player who supports the team leader, manager and other team members. Candidates with experience in sustainability is preferred. Additional preference include expertise in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
About the Job (Responsibilities)
- Manage the client’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager accounts ensuring optimization and accuracy
- Regularly communicate with property managers via email and phone calls
- Oversee the ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager accounts in terms of compliance with benchmarking ordinances and ENERGY STAR certifications
- Support the Sustainability Manager in training the Sustainability Analyst on data tracking, benchmarking and analysis of utility data
- Reviewing and compiling quarterly sustainability reports
- Create and update ESG sections of investor quarterly reports
- Evaluate ESG risks and opportunities of clients’ properties during the investment process
- Identify and analyze sustainability projects and sustainability performance improvement strategies at the property level
- Establish positive rapport with property teams and clients and internal team to ensure a high level of client service.
- Work with property teams to achieve IREM green building certification for properties
- Manage multiple tasks at a time with efficiency and adapt successfully to changing priorities
- Assist the Sustainability Manager in GRESB reporting
- 4-year college degree
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented, analytically-inclined
- Self-motivated quick learner
- Strong organizational skills
- Takes initiative and shows accountability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion in sustainability and green buildings
- Work in our Dallas, TX office
- Degree in sustainability, environmental science, engineering, architecture, business, real estate or other related fields
- 1 year of experience in a related field
- Experience and knowledge in the commercial real estate industry
- Experience using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
- Knowledge of the green building industry
- Knowledge of sustainability standards such as LEED, GRESB, UNPRI, GRI, etc.
Why work for LORD Green Real Estate Strategies?
We work together to make positive, measurable differences at each property with which we work. We help develop and support the portfolio-wide sustainability strategy and policies of the major corporations that have entrusted us to make the right decisions in all aspects of sustainability.
At LORD Green, we are excited about and value the work we do every day. We respect each other’s abilities and dedication, which is crucial as we depend so heavily on one another to produce industry-leading consulting services. We enjoy the challenge of coming up with new solutions to problems in an ever-changing industry.
We are a growing team composed of high-caliber individuals that learn from and encourage each other. We are driven to produce high quality work in an extremely rewarding field of sustainability. Additionally, we get to work in an office environment that is highly supportive of personal and professional growth. All employees work in our Dallas, TX office.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401(k) with employer contribution
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Pension Plan
- Health Insurance; some plans have $0 monthly cost to employee
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Life & AD&D Insurance Plan
- Long Term Disability Plans
- Pet Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Saving Accounts
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Kitchen fully stocked with healthy snacks
- Team-building volunteering opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
About LORD Green
LORD Green Real Estate Strategies, Inc. is a highly successful global sustainability consulting firm specializing in sustainability and ESG consulting services for commercial real estate owners. Our clients hold some of the largest commercial portfolios in the country, and LORD Green provides them with green building certification assessments and consulting for third-party certification schemes such as LEED, Green Globes, BREEAM, IREM CSP, Fitwel and Green Key among others. Additionally, we provide portfolio-wide sustainability strategy development, monitoring and reporting. Our sustainability reporting services include Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB), United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UNPRI), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) reporting. With a highly skilled and diverse team, LORD Green has established itself as a LEED Proven Provider and ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Partner and Top Certifier.
We have an immediate opening for a highly motivated individual who is passionate about sustainability and has experience in commercial real estate and/or commercial building benchmarking in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. All employees work in our Dallas, TX office.*
No visa sponsorship is available for this position