Sustainability Program Manager – Aviation Department
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Approximately 48 million passengers traveled through Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in 2023, one of the busiest airports in the country in the nation's 5th largest city. Sky Harbor is the largest of three airports in the Phoenix Airport System (Phoenix Sky Harbor, Deer Valley, and Goodyear airports) which is operated by the City of Phoenix Aviation Department and has an economic impact of $38 billion annually.
The Sustainability team is critical to the continued success of the Aviation Department and its long-standing commitment to sustainability and livability for the Phoenix metro area, through ensuring the movement of people and goods is efficient, uses fewer natural resources, supports the local community, and helps Aviation maintain its status as a leader in airport sustainability. To that end, the Aviation Department is actively pursuing several sustainability goals including 100% Carbon-free Energy by 2030, Net Zero Carbon by 2040, Zero Waste by 2050, and 2% Water Reduction annually.
The Aviation Department is seeking an experienced sustainability professional to serve as the Program Manager on the Sustainability team. This position reports to the Sustainability Superintendent and may supervise professional staff. The successful candidate will provide the organization, planning, and implementation support necessary to achieve ambitious sustainability goals and objectives in support of the Aviation Department's strategic plan. The culture at Aviation is team-focused and collaborative, qualities essential to success in the dynamic, and fast-paced environment of the airport industry. Come join our team and make a difference!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the airport Electric Vehicle (EV) transition and infrastructure program development.
- Lead the airport water conservation program and associated responsibilities.
- Administer and update the Green Business Partner Program.
- Implement and document Sustainability programs, strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Manage professional services contracts including scope development and implementation, as well as oversight of schedule, budget and performance.
- Work collaboratively with other divisions, city departments, and key stakeholders to implement sustainability initiatives.
- Assist with capital project planning, operating budget development, and grant application processes to ensure funding for sustainability programs and initiatives.
- Administer, quantify, document and report on projects related to all facets of sustainability.
- Effectively communicate Aviation’s Sustainability plan and initiatives through presentations, educational outreach, written articles, community engagement, and other means.
- Mentor and supervise professional staff.
Hiring Range: $82,451.20 to $110,510.40 annually.
Recruitment closes January 29, 2024. All materials must be received by 11:59 p.m. on this date.
This is a position-based recruitment and will not result in any ongoing eligibility list. This recruitment and any selection processes resulting from this recruitment may be used to fill other related vacancies within the organization now or in the near future.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at http://tinyurl.com/9ux6r34y by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
Economic Development Prog Mgr: Job ID # 52735