Humanscale is the premier designer and manufacturer of ergonomic products that improve health and comfort at work. Our award-winning office products –seating, sit/stand desks, technology support and lighting – have led the industry in performance and simplicity for over 35 years.
At Humanscale, we’re passionate about creating beautiful products while protecting the earth at the same time. With 60% of our products currently being climate positive, we hold ourselves to this challenge, and measure the results in practice. In this position, you will manage our most impactful programs - from product material ingredients, to supplier sustainability audits, and Science Based Targets commitments within the supply chain. You will work closely with our product development, sourcing, production, and manufacturing engineering teams to ensure we continue to push the boundaries of sustainability.
- Manage Healthy Materials program, ensuring compliance with RoHS, REACH and other substance restrictions. Maintain materials ingredients data and publish verified materials ingredients through platforms such as HPC and Declare.
- In collaboration with the Supplier Quality team, evaluate first-tier suppliers for social and environmental impacts – including desk audits, evaluation of responses, and on-site audits as needed.
- Manage the supplier climate program, educating suppliers on climate impact reporting and setting Science Based Targets, and engaging suppliers to set their own SBTs.
- Passion for sustainability
- Bachelor’s (minimum) or Master’s (preferred) degree in a related field, such as material science
- 8+ years working exposure to mass production and supply chains
- Experience with regulatory reporting for REACH, RoHS and WEEE
- Strong project leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in Mandarin a plus, but not required
What we offer:
- Competitive base
- Medical Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- HSA, FSA, Commuter Benefits
- Medical Discounts
- Ancillary Benefits
- Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance
- Voluntary, Spouse, and Child Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Discount Programs
- 401k matching
- Paid time off (including 15 PTO days and 10 holidays)
Humanscale is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran)