The Customer Sustainability Manager will be part of the company’s sustainability team, reporting to the head of sustainability.
This role will be external customer facing, with focus on partnering with customers to drive collaborative sustainability goals, particularly related to Scoular’s carbon and responsible product sourcing (marine) pillars. This person will be the primary point of contact for external sustainability requests and inquiries and will maintain close collaboration with Scoular’s internal producer origination and business teams, and Scoular’s internal corporate sustainability lead.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about improving the environmental footprint of Scoular by working in coordination with key customers and other third parties. Proactive collaboration and excellent communication with internal business teams and corporate functions is essential in this role.
This person will be comfortable in managing complex and multi-faceted projects that involve data, analyses, and change management.
This individual can be located in Omaha, NE, Overland Park, KS or Minneapolis, MN.
- Lead internal team on mapping, engaging and meeting customers to identify opportunities for collaborative growth and innovation related to sustainability.
- Provide input on review and refinement of Scoular’s customer facing environmental pillars, as appropriate
- Respond to customer requests related to sustainability matters, working closely with internal business partners
- Review internal products/service offerings as it relates to sustainability
- Develop content and materials to support product teams related to carbon and sourcing pillars
- Attend customer and industry events
- Review and provide input to methodologies/processes used in sourcing and managing supply chains with focus on sustainability goals of the customer
- Conduct regular benchmarking and competitive analysis to advise and shape Scoular’s sustainability activities, and raise awareness of Scoular’s sustainability profile