Novelis’ ambition is to be the world’s leading provider of low-carbon, sustainable aluminum solutions that advance our business, industry and society toward the benefits of a circular economy.
The Global Sustainability team is looking for an experienced Sustainability Data Strategy and Analytics Lead to bring Novelis’ sustainability program metrics and analysis to the next level. With the increase of requests from all stakeholders, it is critical that our metrics and data are accurate, instilling confidence and credibility both internally and externally. This position maintains the integrity of the sustainability master data in multiple computer systems, updates the monthly dashboard, and keep the central suite of tools current. This position will report to the Sustainability Program Director and work closely with the entire Sustainability team and cross-functional business partners.
With the increase of requests from all stakeholders, it is critical that our metrics and data are accurate, instilling confidence and credibility both internally and externally. This position maintains the integrity of the sustainability master data in multiple computer systems, updates the monthly dashboard, and keep the central suite of tools current.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and improve Novelis' environmental data collection processes by collaborating with internal business stakeholders
- Track, analyze and report Novelis' carbon inventory and progress against our targets using Novelis Sustainability business information software and other tools/technologies
- Develop, maintain, and improve Novelis' carbon emissions forecasting models
- Develop performance metrics, baselines, and targets to drive emission reduction programs
- Create and manage complex environmental databases and actionable sustainability dashboards
- Continuously improve Novelis' environmental data quality and refine accounting methodologies. This includes collaborating with BI/Data Engineer/Data Science teams to collect more accurate data, and developing new methodologies, processes, and standards to drive more robust impact measurement
- Support and execute Novelis' annual environmental metrics audit project by working with internal business stakeholders and external audit firm to assure the data for accuracy for stakeholder consumption
- Track and keep abreast of global regulatory developments and changes to reporting standards
- Manage Novelis' sustainability reporting projects including CDP, DJSI, and other ESG reporting platforms
- Manage Novelis’ customer survey and data inquiry requests
- Research, assess, and implement software solutions to automate, visualize and analyze data across Novelis
- Perform scenario and ad-hoc analyses to inform sustainability strategies and opportunities for the most meaningful reductions
- Update business information tools, spreadsheets, and presentations to ensure they reflect the latest information, and identify improvements to our workflow
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (e.g., regional and Value stream leads, finance, operations, strategy, etc.) to source, automate, and analyze data from company operations, including production, to measure and monitor greenhouse gas emissions and other sustainability-related metrics
- Utilize internal software applications to source, cleanse and analyze a variety of greenhouse gas and spend data.
- Bachelor's Degree required + 3-5 years of strong quantitative experience in GHG accounting, corporate sustainability, environmental science, engineering or related field
- Life Cycle Assessment knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of the World Resources Institute and World Business Council for Sustainable Development guidelines on Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Reporting Protocol as it relates to measuring Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions
- Skilled in using Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, PowerBI,
- Proficiency with Adobe’s Creative Suite, Thinkcell, Vizio would be a nice bonus.
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks, specifically the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Taskforce for Climate Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Experience in the environmental/financial data audit/assurance process.
The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level business managers. This person must thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Ability to problem-solve and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively autonomously and understand when to ask necessary questions
- Attention to detail is a key component of the position.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and manage multiple duties and tasks simultaneously.
- self-motivated, team-oriented, hands-on, adaptive, and have positive attitude
- Team player and show a strong commitment to collaboration and team building