Sr. Project Manager (Sustainability Consultant)
Type: Full-time (open to contract)
Ideal Start Date: By August 1, 2023
Starting Salary: $80,000
Reporting to: Director of Member Services
# of Directs: 0-1
How to Apply
Applicants should apply at this link. This role is open and looking to be filled in July/August. The first round of applications will be reviewed on June 12, 2023, and additional applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the role is filled. When submitting your application, please ensure you are filling out the correct position.
The Pet Sustainability Coalition (PSC) seeks an impact-driven, action-oriented, and solutions-focused Sr. Project Manager (Sustainability Consultant) to implement corporate sustainability strategies for our nearly 200 pet industry members. The role will work with brands, suppliers, distributors, and more to identify sustainability improvement opportunities and implement strategies and projects with support from third-party partners. This is a full time or contract position that is a hybrid or remote role based near our Boulder, CO headquarters. We operate in a fast-paced start-up environment and this position will play an integral role in delivering best-in-class sustainability expertise and deliverables to our members.
The ideal candidate will have been previously in a sustainability consulting or project management role that allowed them to manage a broad spectrum of sustainability projects. The candidate will need to be a team player, good with managing partnerships, and a self-starter who can work cross functionally in a startup environment.
The Sr. Project Manager (Sustainability Consultant) will work directly with both our internal and external partners supporting our overall strategy in the following key areas:
Project Management and Consulting Expertise (70%)
- Deliver projects on time, within budget, and with a high level of accuracy and professionalism
- Projects include but are not limited to: supply chain management, energy, water and waste management, GHG inventory, life cycle assessments, certifications, materialistic assessments, green team development, employee surveys, goal and strategy setting, and ESG sustainability reporting.
- Develop project proposals that accomplish the member’s goals and objectives
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on sustainability topics for members and internal staff
Partnership Management (15%)
- Manage 5-7 preferred project partnerships that PSC is engaged in to support members
- Develop and uphold SOPs for each partner to ensure a consistent member experience and quality of work
- Expand partnerships to address any gaps in current project offerings and member project needs
Sustainability Content Development (15%)
- Update the PSC project menu with offerings that serve our member’s needs
- Compose case studies, industry reports, and articles related to implementation projects to demonstrate replication, scalability, and success to a larger industry audience
Don’t meet every requirement? No problem. Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they do, so we encourage you to apply anyway.
Sustainability is a broad topic and you may be a fit for this role if you have specific knowledge and experience in ESG management, public reporting, long term strategic program development, GHG inventories, supply chain engagement & code of conduct, certifications, and/or sustainable packaging.
You have also developed and demonstrated some specific experiences and attributes, including:
- Knowledge of sustainability assessment systems (GRI, SDG’s, LEED, CDP, Sedex, B Corp, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in sustainability or environmental science
- 5-7+ years of corporate sustainability experience
- Experience in a client-facing consulting role with C-suite and senior business professionals
- Strong time management
- Project management experience
- Experience managing 3rd party contractors or partners
- Clear and effective verbal and written communications
- Consulting background
PSC believes the diversity of skills, backgrounds, viewpoints, and experiences employees bring to their work will be a critical factor in our success. PSC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. All applicants and employees are evaluated on the basis of personal skill and merit.
PSC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, condition of pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, breastfeeding status, medical conditions related to breastfeeding, marital status, disability, veteran status, and sexual orientation. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and participation in social and recreational programs.
- Relocation reimbursement to Denver Metro Area
- Unlimited PTO + ½ day summer Fridays
- 100% employer paid medical premiums + dental & vision options
- 401(k) with a 4% employer match
- 3-4 months of paid parental leave
- Annual wellness stipend + professional development stipend
- Pet-friendly office!
What We Do
PSC accelerates environmental and social sustainability in the pet industry through education, tools, project support, and collaboration. The organization works closely with companies ranging from brands, manufacturers, suppliers, and retailers. We help companies identify strategic impact opportunities that drive increased profitability. PSC’s awards and programs are highly rated across the industry and include sustainable packaging, sustainable ingredient sourcing, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.