Otter Products is currently seeking a Sr. Global Environmental Compliance Specialist to join our Engineering Team! This role is based in our Fort Collins, CO office on a hybrid schedule.
Join us in a pivotal role where you'll take the lead in shaping the future of environmental compliance at Otter Products! As a key player on our team, you'll wield your expertise to not only meet but exceed local, national, and international standards for our products. Your attention to detail and implementation skills will be the driving force behind ensuring that Otter Products remains at the forefront of global environmental compliance frameworks.
Your discerning eye for environmental regulation will be instrumental in navigating and executing reporting requirements across various materials, from plastics to power, glass, and packaging. Collaboration is at the core of what we do, and you'll work seamlessly with cross-functional teams spanning engineering, packaging, product, supply chain, and legal. Be the force that ensures Otter Products not only meets but exceeds environmental regulation compliance. Join us, and let's make a sustainable impact together!
About Otter Products
Otter Products, we grow to give. From our founder's garage in 1998 to the global technology leader we are today, Otter Products continues to drive growth through innovation.
Through our industry-leading brands - OtterBox, Liviri and OtterCares - we provide our partners the number-one selling and most trusted products in our categories. Our philanthropic spirit is the foundation on which we foster our partner relationships, allowing us to grow and to give - together.
By way of our charitable arm, the OtterCares Foundation, we support our communities and invest in our future through education that inspires kids to change the world.
And even as our global community of Otters continues to grow, our founder's core values are still at the heart of everything we do. We measure our success by our ability to give back to our communities and strengthen opportunities for all.
For more information visit otterproducts.com
• Anticipate, track, analyze, communicate, and ensure company compliance with environmental regulations, global market access requirements, company sustainability initiatives, and corresponding certifications
• Stay current on the latest environmental legislation and regulations in the US, UK, EU, CA and other countries and regions and ensure requirements are met before and after commercialization
• Communicate emerging environmental regulations to the business (define and maintain environmental/regulatory roadmap to influence accurate corporate restriction timelines)
• Track and report business Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for sustainability and environmental impact
• Manage and organize company’s external sustainability certifications (Higg FEM, UL) as applicable
• Manage and maintain other business and regional-specific requirements such as Green Dot, European and Asia Country-Specific requirements for recyclability (ex. France Triman labeling program), and battery registrations and reporting in the EU
• Create and maintain environmental product and component specifications as they relate to RoHS, REACH, Prop 65, MRSL and RSL compliance requirements
• Manage transitions to new regulations and ECO labels
• Implement WEEE registrations and reporting, RoHS, DfE (e.g., energy efficiency, end of life management, materials innovation), DfR (Li-ion recycling program, ease of disassembly, packaging requirements for recycling, elimination of waste materials) requirements as applicable
• Collaborate with Global Sustainability Manager to inform the corporate strategy.
• Support and maintain a positive safety culture by following all safety policies and procedures and actively contributing to a safe working environment
• Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or experience in lieu of degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of four years of experience in a relevant field is required
- Experience developing and/or maintaining compliance with Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and Chemical Management Systems (CMS), including ISO 14001 is strongly preferred
- Experience conducting Lifecycle Assessments (LCA) is strongly preferred
Otter Products, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For US Based Roles Only - Compensation Range Minimum
For US Based Roles Only - Compensation Range Maximum
Additional Total Rewards
Otter Products offers a robust benefits package to eligible employees including medical, dental, vision, basic life, voluntary life, long-term and short-term disability, employee assistance program, flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) retirement plan. Additionally, for eligible employees, we offer accrued paid time off based on seniority, volunteer time off, parental leave, bereavement leave, company holidays, and years of service awards. Check out otterproducts.com/careers/why for more info. - Full Time- check out otterproducts.com/careers/why for more info, This position is eligible for the Profit Sharing Program.