Welcome to Agerpoint:
Agerpoint is pioneering development of a spatial data platform for agriculture and climate insights powered by scalable terrestrial data capture and precise automated plant-level analytics. Our team develops technologies to digitize, analyze and comprehend the natural world.
Through a combination of artificial intelligence, high performance computing, computer vision and advanced analytics, the Agerpoint platform fuses together sensor data from mobile devices, terrestrial vehicles, drones and satellites with other information and human observations to create a highly precise, quantifiable and interactive digital record to enable better decision-making for clients across agriculture, forestry, government and conservation organizations.
Agerpoint's Know Your Carbon™ serves to provide credibility and transparency to carbon credits by leveraging Agerpoint’s unique ability to create highly accurate 3D plant models and efficiently extract physical measurements and health information using automation and AI. Know Your Carbon™ was recently selected as winner of the World Economic Forum’s Carbon Market Challenge as announced at the United Nations COP26 Climate Summit.
Our mission is to improve quality of life for our planet’s inhabitants and mitigate climate change by enabling a transformational shift in how we measure and monitor plants, crops and forests.
Agerpoint is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina at the Alexandria Center for AgTech - the country's first and only integrated multi-tenant, amenity-rich agtech R&D and greenhouse site.
About the Role:
Our Engineering team seeks a Senior Software Development Engineer to lead Front-End web development as a critical component of our cloud software platform, Agerpoint Cloud. Agerpoint is pioneering how 2D and 3D data layers captured from smartphones, drones, and satellites are used to create precise models and measures of plants, crops and forests to contribute to a sustainable food supply and address the challenges of climate change.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will be responsible for development, deployment and maintenance of the core front-end components of the Agerpoint Cloud suite of web applications. You will have a significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define product features, driving the system architecture, and implementing best practices that enable a quality product and output.
The ideal engineer for this role is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with exploring an uncharted and rapidly evolving domain. You will be researching, developing and building on an entirely new application paradigm - a challenge that will demand rapid experimentation and prototyping without sacrificing code quality or attention to detail. You'll need a keen understanding of the state of the art in interactive 2D and 3D data visualization technologies, digital twins, point cloud datasets and an ambition to discover what the future holds in this space.
Agerpoint promotes a flexible work environment with the option for remote and virtual work arrangements.
- Work closely with our engineering, computation and product teams to design and develop innovative, scalable software in an agile environment
- Help shape the overall architecture of our front-end stack, building reusable software components that efficiently interact with our back-end platforms
- Support daily operations of our software environments including new deployments, monitoring and resolution of platform interruptions
- Proactively engage in engineering discussions, sharing ideas and learning as much as possible from others
- Analyze and optimize UI and infrastructure application code for quality, efficiency and performance
- 4+ years of web software development experience
- Experience deploying applications/services on AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, PostgreSQL and NoSQL databases
- Ability to effectively communicate prior experience and comprehension of Agile software development, concepts, process flows and Agile tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with modern 2D/3D GIS and mapping technologies (e.g., OpenLayers, Three.js, Cesium, Potree)
- Experience building interactive data visualizations (2D and 3D) and data tables
- Proficiency in package management (e.g., NPM, Yarn) and version control (e.g., Git)
- Experience developing AR/VR applications a plus
- Familiarity with ARKit and RealtyKit
- Experience using iOS frameworks like UIKit, AVFoundation, Core Motion, Core ML, CloudKit, SiriKit, StoreKit, etc.
- Basic understanding of GIS systems
Benefits While Working at Agerpoint:
- Paid company holidays and vacation
- Remote friendly and flexible work environment
- Company paid healthcare benefits
- Equity options for full-time employees
- Access to fully equipped, EXOS-operated fitness center with on-site wellness coaches and on-site eatery (for employees in Research Triangle Park, NC)
Agerpoint is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Agerpoint is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.