Senior Manager of Sustainability
Point32Health is seeking a dynamic and passionate Senior Manager of Sustainability who will be responsible for leading the vision, direction and implementation of sustainability and safety strategy. This role combines elements of strategy development, communications, operations (KPI/process implementation), advocacy, and project management to achieve goals. This role requires significant cross-functional interaction and coalition building experience. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable in sustainability and safety reporting and is versed in the reporting frameworks and has deep experience building stakeholder engagement and influencing culture.
- Point32Health is seeking a dynamic and passionate Senior Manager of Sustainability and Safety, who will be responsible for leading the vision, direction, and implementation of Point32Health’s sustainability and safety strategy
- This role combines elements of strategy development, communications, operations (KPI/process implementation), advocacy, and project management to achieve goals
- This role requires significant cross-functional interaction and coalition building experience
- Develop program vision, strategy, and implementation plan in collaboration with business leaders and functional experts
- Influence stakeholders to drive initiatives
- Work cross-functionally to operationalize the program’s strategy across the enterprise by partnering with leaders in other business areas and corporate functions
- Develop baseline metrics and key performance indicators to monitor progress across various areas of the business
- Create annual report to illustrate progress and detail future
- Maintain deep understanding of sustainability and safety landscape, reporting and disclosure trends of key stakeholders, ratings systems, reporting frameworks and standards, legislation, and peer/company best practices
- Engage with industry partners, associations, and companies to develop sustainability and safety strategies
- Develop innovative programs, share learnings, and contribute to the evolution of sustainability strategy across the enterprise
- Partner with individual business units to leverage sustainability to differentiate products and services where appropriate
- Engage and manage third party consultants
- Develop strategy to raise awareness of sustainability and safety commitments and progress to stakeholders, including employees and the investment community
- Support our marketing and communication teams in developing content to support the communication strategy
- Drive reporting compliance
- Develop risk evaluations around sustainability and safety strategy in short-, medium- and long-term strategic planning
- Maintain understanding of audit and internal control practices that support data collection, validation, and process integrity
- Initial areas of focus include WELL/LEED building and general services initiatives. Longer-term focus will include other areas of impact.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education, Certification and Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, sustainability, EHS or related field
Experience (minimum years required):
- The ideal candidate is knowledgeable in sustainability and safety reporting and is well versed in the major reporting frameworks, analysis and has deep experience building stakeholder engagement and influencing culture
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management, program management
- Ability to provide data, analysis and translate the information into actional business recommendation
- Ability to influence stakeholders and drive cultural change
- Strong sustainability and safety experience in a corporate or consulting environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the company
- Ability to prepare engaging presentations and articulate strategy and progress to all stakeholders
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment through prioritization and multitasking
- Typically, 7-10 years professional experience in the sustainability, program, and project management related fields
Working Conditions and Additional Requirements (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel):
- Must be able to work under normal office conditions and work from home as required.
- Work may require simultaneous use of a telephone/headset and PC/keyboard and sitting for extended durations.
- May be required to work additional hours beyond standard work schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Point32Health is committed to making diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do—from product design to the workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness, train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees — including remote employees — must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
About the Company
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities. At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
We enjoy the important work we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and communities.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.