Senior ESG Consultant
About the job
Industrial Economics, Incorporated (IEc) provides consulting services for natural resource managers, regulators, attorneys, and private sector clients involved in public policy development and implementation. Our staff applies expertise in economics, science, engineering, business, computer modeling, and data management to cutting-edge energy, environmental and natural resource policy and management issues. We are known for developing smart, objective analyses to address high-profile environmental challenges, leveraging a unique combination of analytic rigor and creativity.
Position: The Senior environmental/social/governance (ESG) consultant will work within IEc’s corporate sustainability practice on projects including:
· Scope 1, 2, and 3 GHG footprinting analyses. Scope 3 footprinting analyses often include lifecycle analysis and analysis of supply chain emissions
· Business-case analysis of GHG mitigation options
· Reporting and disclosures including developing analyses and content for ESG reports, TCFD appendices, and CDP reporting
The ESG consultant will also contribute to additional types of analyses and projects, such as climate business risk (TCFD) analyses; feasibility analyses required for energy and GHG target-setting; and circular economy economic and market analysis.
Responsibilities: Design and implement project methodologies, analyze data, develop and apply models, communicate findings via reports and presentations, present findings to clients, and generally assist clients in refining solutions for managing energy and GHG challenges. Manage projects, including managing tasks and workflow, deadlines, and budgets. Manage junior staff in the practice, including delegating assignments, reviewing work, and providing constructive feedback. Consulting work at IEc requires attention to detail, asking questions, strong communication skills, and organization skills, including ability to work independently, plan project schedules, and meet deadlines. Senior consultants typically work in project teams, managing the efforts of associates and research analysts while coordinating with experts in related disciplines.
• A Master’s degree or PhD (or international equivalent) in business, environmental management, engineering, economics, or related fields such as statistics or data science
• Experience analyzing GHG emissions and creating Scope 1, 2, and 3 footprints
• Experience analyzing GHG emissions from supply chains using lifecycle analysis software (e.g., SimaPro)
• Experience applying ESG frameworks such as the GHG Protocol (Corporate Standard, Scope 2, and Scope 3), GRI, CDP, SBTi, TCFD, or SASB
• Experience conducting financial and cost-effectiveness analyses of energy and GHG mitigation strategies
• Seven years of previous, relevant work experience, including project, staff, and/or client management
Compensation and Advancement:
• IEc offers competitive salaries ranging from $105,000 - $135,000 commensurate with experience, as well as an annual performance bonus averaging 13% of annual salary.
• We are committed to the health and well-being of our staff and provide excellent benefits, including quality health insurance with contribution to a Health Savings Account; generous contribution to retirement savings (based on tenure); an Employee Assistance Program; flexible vacation/holiday time; financial support for relevant professional development opportunities; sick time and short- and long-term disability; paid family and medical leave; commuter benefits; recreational and social opportunities; and more.
• IEc is committed to the professional development of our staff and offers advancement opportunities for high-performing Technical Consultants.
• Position Location: IEc office is located in Cambridge, MA; staff location is flexible.
• Position Start Date: January 2024
• To apply, you must upload all of the following materials:
o Cover letter
o Writing Sample – this should be authored solely by you, be no more than 5 pages in length (can be an excerpt from a longer paper) and include some type of technical information/analysis.
o Undergraduate transcript
o Graduate transcript
EOE AA M/F/Veterans/Disability