As action to avert the climate emergency accelerates, there is urgent need to catalyse a 10-fold increase in the scale, efficiency, and resource mobilization of environmental markets – all while improving data quality, security, and system interoperability. This can only be achieved through digital transformation. Gold Standard therefore seeks a Senior Director, Digital Systems to lead global digital change at the forefront of climate and sustainability.
WHAT WE DO
Gold Standard is a standards body and thought leader that promotes the best that can be achieved in climate and development projects. It was established in 2003 by WWF and has 2000+ projects underway in over 90 countries, creating billions of dollars of shared value from climate and development action worldwide.
The Sr. Director will drive digital transformation across Gold Standard operations and serve as a thought leader on digitization within the wider standards and sustainability industry. The selected candidate will bring strong strategic, communication, and people management skills, will have a change management mindset, and solid solutions architect skills to oversee our technical staff and contractors in the scoping, design, development, and deployment of digital solutions. The Senior Director, Digital Systems reports to the Gold Standard COO and as a member of the Management Team leads all technology-focused functions of the Foundation.
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Strategy and Thought Leadership
- Develop and implement Gold Standard’s policy, strategy and workplan for information and technology services and ensure alignment with principles, vision and mission.
- Communicate information and technology strategy to partners and funders, including representing Gold Standard at events and in support of thought leadership and advocacy where appropriate
- Ownership of the overall digital strategy and enterprise architecture for the organization, with support from technical staff and vendors.
- Identification of opportunities and value-adds from ecosystem partners that can enhance and integrate with Gold Standard digital solutions.
- Discover and implement existing and new technologies to serve the workplan.
- Develop an ecosystem that incorporates the multiple existing and pending applications of GS4GG, including carbon credit issuance and labelling, SDG impact statement issuance, fund/portfolio certification.
- Ensure the ecosystem can manage and disclose various third party applications
Management and Supervisory
- Build and lead the in-house Gold Standard technology team, consisting of a Digital Product Manager, Data Scientist, and Registry team.
- Responsible for procurement and contracting of vendor services and delivery of solutions.
- Develop and monitor the relevant departmental KPIs and IT budgets.
- Co-lead industry initiatives as Gold Standard’s thought leader and ambassador on digitization and its industry applications.
- Build a learning framework and risk assessment capacity and oversee quality assurance, business intelligence, data protection and security processes.
- Design and integrate a system to gather, store, make available to relevant stakeholders, analyse, use, and learn from certification and other data, including digital workflows, platforms, reports, and internal and external integration.
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality, efficiency and principle, mission and vision alignment
- Oversee complex delivery programmes for new information and technology solutions, including any funder reporting requirements
- Support all Gold Standard functions to better engage with information and technology services
YOU WILL BRING:
- Demonstrated experience leading a large digital change management initiative.
- Extensive experience in building and supporting high performing, diverse, and multi-skilled teams (UX Designers, Software Engineers and QA Engineers) in hybrid environments, including in-house and outsourced operations and vendors.
- Deep understanding of the Digital industry, trends, and opportunities in areas such as technology selection, data security and recovery, and web 3.0.
- Proven experience as a Senior Director or similar senior leadership role with experience of team development, coaching and performance management
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver policy, strategy, and work planning, including where elements may not already be in place or need revision.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to build strong relationships across stakeholder groups and to represent Gold Standard as a thought leader and ambassador with external stakeholders.
- Knowledge and understanding of carbon markets and sustainability standards is strongly preferred.
- Demonstration of passion for the subjects of climate change, sustainable development, and equitable access for developing countries.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, minimum of 7 years’ experience. Master’s degree preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The salary range for this role will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CLOSING DATE & APPLICATIONS
Applications for this role will close on 24th June 2022. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Gold Standard provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are dedicated to an inclusive culture and we welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
Please see https://www.goldstandard.org/articles/careers for full Job Description