We are looking for a sustainability professional with consulting experience and established client relationships, to take on the position of Senior Consultant, and play a key role in growing our emerging Sustainability Leadership Practice. The ideal candidate will have established relationships and experience in the energy, food and beverage, agriculture, apparel, and/or technology sectors, along with experience leading projects, developing strategies, and implementing change. As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for successfully selling and consulting on a range of projects to help build the Sustainable Leadership Practice, while also working on projects across Sapere’s other practices. Our Sustainability Leadership Practice is focused on helping clients implementing sustainability changes within their organizations and operations that have real world impact.
· Connect and engage with existing and new clients to develop and secure business opportunities
· Work with clients and other Saperians to develop, deliver, and implement sustainability and/or organizational change strategies across projects, programs, and organizations
· Support our growing Sustainability Leadership Practice members to deliver services effectively, achieve business targets, and develop technical capabilities
· Contribute to the professional growth of other Saperians
· Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic record
· Minimum of 5 years of experience delivering consulting support for clients, preferably related to sustainability
· Clear understanding of systems thinking and its practical applications
· Knowledge of sustainability issues and experience implementing sustainability projects
· Knowledge and experience in applying sustainable concepts in one or more of the following areas: energy, carbon, water, waste, and/or the circular economy
· Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams on projects and programs with the ability to adapt as needed
· Experience with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Excel, Visio, Word PowerPoint)
· Ability to build strong, professional client relationships
· Ability to communicate with clients, colleagues, and other key stakeholders
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong ethics and sense of accountability
· Never-ending curiosity and desire to learn
At Sapere, we have 3 work modes - work at a Sapere office, from home, or a hybrid approach. We expect employees to comfortably commute to their designated office location when needed to foster collaboration, communication, and productivity. The preferred location of the position is our Southern California hub. Other office locations will be considered, including Washington, DC, Seattle, WA, and Spokane WA. We offer market-based salaries, incentive compensation based on performance, excellent healthcare as well as dental vision, disability and EAP, in addition to time off.
Please be aware that this position requires US citizenship or ability to work in the US without sponsorship. Sapere requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to applicable law.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . We read your cover letters! Tell us why you are interested in Sapere and why you would be a good fit for our emerging Sustainability Leadership Practice.
Learn more about us at www.sapereconsulting.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sapere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. Sapere does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination against race/color, creed, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, disability, military service status, or other protected characteristics. Sapere complies with federal and state protections for prospective employees including, but not limited to the Employee Polygraph Protection Act and equal employment opportunity regulations.