Impact Finance and Markets is the Nature Conservancy’s newly created division that will oversee and accelerate our work in impact investing, carbon markets and the growing work partnering with corporations to deliver on TNC’s 2030 goals. This division brings together pre-existing teams to form a globally dispersed staff of 60 to provide the organization with leadership, strategic guidance and partnership in conservation finance, commercial market development and corporate practices and supply chains in key sectors.
The Senior Carbon Finance Advisor will develop a deep understanding of TNC’s Natural Climate Solutions (NCS) project pipeline and priorities, and will work with global and regional conservation, legal and finance experts, including Nature Conservancy staff, potential cornerstone investors, and potential operating partners to assess the financial viability of potential projects and programs and support regional teams’ efforts to create financially viable carbon projects. The Advisor will bring creativity and innovation to bear on carbon project financial models in order to bring carbon finance to underutilized project types and communities that are currently unable to participate in carbon markets. The Advisor will play a key role in developing revenue sharing models which result in equitable and viable outcomes for all key stakeholders, including project developers and local communities.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years’ experience in a private sector environment, such as management consulting and investment banking, or with a leading conservation organization or government entity, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience developing and implementing complex projects and strategic initiatives in an unstructured environment.
- Experience leading and managing large scale projects, including working with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience negotiating complex agreements.
- Fluency in English.
- Investment experience including transaction structuring, cash flow modeling and experience in securing capital from investors such as investment banks, private wealth managers, public pension plans, endowment funds, private trusts and high-net worth individuals.
To apply for job ID 51287, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ by 11:59 PM EST on May 5, 2022. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.