Our preferred candidate will have some experience with SaaS sales and marketing and be comfortable speaking to municipal government staff. Previous experience in government, fleet operations, or familiarity with waste operations is a plus. Flexibility, technology-savvy, commercial awareness, and a passion for cities are also important attributes. A successful Business Development Representative will be able to speak the language of haulers, drivers, and municipal employees in order to earn the trust of our government partners.
The role is an opportunity to be based at Rubicon’s New York City office. Only candidates based in the NYC area or willing to relocate to NYC should apply.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Our preferred candidates will possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as demonstrate the capacity to achieve a strong technical understanding of Rubicon’s technology.
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Minimum 4 year work experience required;
- Technology-savvy -- Experience understanding and developing familiarity with SaaS technology, artificial intelligence, and machine learning;
- Proven track record of building rapport and relationships with people;
- Good listening skills and ability to understand underlying issues and how we can help solve them;
- Comfortable working across a range of hierarchies and environments;
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced, ever-changing startup environment;
- Strong writer and communicator with strong presentation skills via phone, online and in person;
- High level of organization and a great attention to detail;
- Microsoft Office expertise required.
- Assist our Partnerships team in building a pipeline of potential city customers;
- Qualify leads to ensure the Partnerships team spends time on the most important potential partners;
- Employ a variety of methods to reach prospects, including warm and cold emails and phone calls, geo-prospecting, and conference outreach;
- Develop and maintain a mastery of our product suite, including the ability to answer technical questions from customers in real-time;
- Perform product demonstrations for potential customers, in-person (when safe) and via webinar;
- Support and partner with our Product Development team by communicating customer feedback, contributing product ideas, and staying up to date on product enhancements, bug fixes, and the overall product roadmap;
- Prepare contracts and other sales enablement duties;
- Provide post-sales support where necessary, including time tracking and analysis;
**ALL CANDIDATES MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY**
Rubicon offers a competitive compensation package including unlimited paid time off, 100% company paid insurance benefits and the opportunity to make a positive impact on the environment.
Rubicon has been a Certified B Corporation since 2012. A major aspect of Rubicon’s commitment to purpose-driven business is to provide the best workplace and benefits possible for its people. Some of the many benefits available to Rubicon employees include, but are not limited to:
- Healthcare Benefits: Fully-paid healthcare premiums for all full time employees and their dependents;
- Sustainable Transportation: Rubicon employees are rewarded for using mass transportation and cutting down on emissions with a 65% reimbursement for any costs associated with mass transit;
- 401(k) Program: The Rubicon 401(k) benefit offering ties directly to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investment options, and includes a company match;
- Maternity/Paternity Leave Policy: Rubicon provides paid maternity leave based on years of service, as well as paid paternity leave; and
- Generous PTO: Generous paid time off is granted to employees (with proper approvals), with a minimum of twelve days off in your first year of employment plus eight paid company holidays per year.
Rubicon is a software company that provides smart waste and recycling solutions for businesses and governments worldwide. Using technology to drive environmental innovation, the company helps turn businesses into more sustainable enterprises, and neighborhoods into greener and smarter places to live and work. Rubicon’s mission is to end waste, in all of its forms, by helping its partners find economic value in their waste streams and confidently execute on their sustainability goals. Learn more at www.rubicon.com.