Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
EDF+Business has been working with the private sector to address the world’s most pressing environmental problems for over thirty years. Through our Net Zero Ambition and Action team we are working to get the leading global companies to have public net zero goals and transformation plans to achieve them; to share the lessons from their journey globally for other companies to learn from and act on; and to engage in systems change efforts like policy advocacy and finance to ensure a stable climate by midcentury. EDF+Business has a major new initiative to create a Net Zero Accelerator. The goal of the Accelerator is to help companies act now on climate change. It will enable key companies in key sectors and geographies to build and implement climate action plans through clear and actionable knowledge, tools and trainings, capacity-building and coaching.
Reporting to the Director, Net Zero Accelerator, the project manager will play an important role in the development, expansion and impact of the Net Zero Accelerator by creating and launching Accelerator activities, including light-touch active learning trainings, tools, and other resources for corporate audiences to act on climate. Due to the nascent nature of the Accelerator, the project manager must be a flexible team player who is able to pivot and prioritize as the work develops.
Work Location: Hybrid in any of the EDFoffices Boston, New York, Austin, DC, Raliegh, San Francisco or Remote
- Develop and manage trainings, webinars, and other tools and resources for corporate audiences including but not limited to: overseeing project timelines and ensuring deadlines are met, coordinating with consultants and speakers to develop and refine content, coordinating with EDF staff to leverage internal expertise and ensure alignment between the resources and EDF’s approach, working with the coordinator, Net Zero Accelerator, to ensure professional-level event logistics, and assessing performance of Accelerator activities and contributing to impact reporting.
- Determine strategy for reaching key audiences for Accelerator activities including: identifying target companies or individuals, determining outreach plan, and conducting outreach, identifying opportunities for promotion or partnership with organizations or industry groups, and working with the communications team to develop communications and marketing strategies.
- Contribute to the development of the Net Zero Accelerator website, including giving feedback, testing webpages, and assessing tools and resources for inclusion.
- Contribute to newsletters and thought leadership by identifying new content or stories.
- Advance EDF Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice (DEIJ) goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental challenges we face. This includes fostering equitable systems and empowering diverse constituencies both internally and externally.
- Contribute to EDF’s broader Net Zero Ambition and Action workstream as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 4+ years of work experience, or master’s degree with 2 years of work experience.
- Experience with teaching, trainings, or other pedagogical activities preferred but not required.
- An understanding of the business implications of environmental issues and corporate net zero commitments.
- Exceptional project management skills including demonstrated ability to use independent judgement to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Adaptability and the ability to pivot, innovate, and reprioritize as needed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- An ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a geographically dispersed team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and professional environment.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs, Microsoft Office suite and familiarity with Salesforce.com (or equivalent CRM software).
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to travel (15% of the time).
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 68,000 - 76,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/project-manager-net-zero-accelerator
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.