Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
JOB LOCATION & SCHEDULE
This position can be performed 100% remotely from home, or out of any EDF office on a hybrid arrangement, for candidates within the US who are able and willing to support Eastern timezone work hours.
The Project Manager will take charge of planning and implementation of key aspects of EDF’s work on NOCs and global capital markets, including the development of new research, advocacy strategies and building an international network of relationships. This critical work will entail developing and implementing strategic plans, aligning internal stakeholders, managing consultants, coordinating with partner organizations, and supporting efforts to build relationships with influential decision makers within both private market participants and international governments.
The Project Manager will also play a central role in implementing practices for tracking progress toward key objectives to ensure campaign deliverables and objectives are met, including coordinating cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams. Independent judgement is required to plan, prioritize and organize workload within this busy program. Ideal candidates are driven self-starters with the ability to learn and implement workflow processes quickly and work well within a team.
The Project Manager will work with the Director, Energy Transition and Director, Investor Influence. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting the development of relationships with national oil companies (NOCs) and the finance sector to further EDF’s energy transition advocacy goals.
- Spearheading and supporting EDF’s energy transition campaign with industry and the financial sector across the energy transition and investor influence teams.
- Collaborating with EDF’s analytics team to help synthesize and effectively communicate key environmental risks and opportunities faced by NOCs through briefing calls, webinars, workshops, and conferences.
- Developing and supporting the execution of strategic communications plans, in partnership with EDF Marketing and Communications staff and consultants.
- Publicly disseminating recommendations to industry, finance and civil society audiences, through various channels including blogs, white papers, fact sheets, and presentations.
- Coordinating planning and logistics for large meetings, conferences or events with high-profile stakeholders.
- Attending, participating, and representing EDF in meetings with policymakers, advocacy partners, as well as industry and financial stakeholders with responsibility for documenting, identifying and tracking key takeaways and next steps.
- Collaborating effectively with internal and external partners to encourage alignment, track and monitor progress, and ensure that milestones are met within timeline and budget.
- Building a unique expertise with the complex and intersectional issues of climate and the global energy transition.
- Must demonstrate cultural awareness and the knowledge, attitude, behavior and skills that lead to a culturally competent workplace. Must demonstrate a commitment to continued self-assessment, learning and growth to increase and broaden culturally competent skillsets that produce effective interactions with people across diverse cultures and backgrounds. This includes the ability to adapt to cultural change.
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Bachelors plus at least 2 years of professional experience required. Experience in consulting, finance, energy, environmental policy, and/or advocacy campaigns preferred.
- Experience in project management and exceptional personal organization and attention to detail required.
- A high level of strategic thinking is required to synthesize complex information to identify and deploy action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, build effective coalitions, and work within diverse communities.
- Ability and willingness to work independently and as a self-starter.
- Possess a high degree of diplomacy to influence and manage key stakeholders and teams.
- Creativity, energy, and the ability to multi-task and get work done under pressure and respond quickly to changing opportunities.
- Strong and persuasive verbal and written communication skills.
- Presence, confidence, integrity, creativity and a sense of humor.
- Highly proficient computer skills, including MS Office Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- An understanding of and commitment to Environmental Defense Fund’s mission of protecting the natural environment and limiting humankind’s impact on the planet.
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 68,000 - 76,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/project-manager-energy-transition-edfbusiness
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.