Drawdown Georgia Business Compact is a statewide business consortium aimed at achieving net-zero carbon emissions within the state of Georgia by 2050 and is facilitated and managed by the Ray C. Anderson Center for Sustainable Business. The Ray C. Anderson Center for Sustainable Business seeks to empower the leaders of tomorrow to create sustainable businesses and communities. We do this by acting as a catalyst and connector, bringing together students, research faculty, companies, and entrepreneurs to create an environment where business-driven solutions to sustainability challenges can take shape and thrive.
The role is focused on driving the Compact mission and its four activity areas through strong project / program management and via application of knowledge in the climate action domain. The role will support the Senior Industry Engagement Manager and ACSB leadership team by engaging with the members of the Drawdown Business Compact to advance the commercialization of project concepts, ensuring other Compact activities and priorities continue to advance, deploying project / program management tools and tactics, creating inspiring content, and assisting with ongoing Compact recruitment efforts.
The Extension Professional will support the industry engagement manager senior and ACSB leadership by managing and driving activities and outcomes of the Drawdown Georgia Business Compact (the Compact). This will include facilitating subgroup outcomes that lead to Compact investments and commercial projects.
Georgia Tech Extension Professionals are research personnel that fulfill the extension and service mission of Georgia Tech to the State of Georgia and beyond. This mission includes, but is not limited to, technology-based economic development, technology commercialization and deployment, entrepreneurship, start-up company incubation, and business/industry outreach. Extension Professionals also provide educational programs for business and industry in support of these missions through facilitating and fostering increased industrial engagement and sponsorship of applied research activities at Georgia Tech. Extension Professional appointments are based on the merit and special qualifications of the individual and follow the same general ranking, hiring, and promotion principles as other professional research faculty ranks.
The program manager/extension professional will support the industry engagement manager senior and ACSB leadership by managing and driving activities and outcomes of the Drawdown Georgia Business Compact (the Compact). This will include facilitating subgroup outcomes that lead to Compact investments and commercial projects.
- Job Duty 1: Project manage multiple priorities associated with Compact activity areas and subgroups
- Job Duty 2: Contribute content/insights, summarize and advance action items and next steps, and monitor and drive progress among Compact working groups.
- Job Duty 3: Conduct research into climate action opportunities in response to Compact meetings/discussions and to proactively recommend projects and focus areas for Compact consideration.
- Job Duty 4: Represent the unit at Compact events and articulate value proposition to current and prospective Compact members.
- Job Duty 5: Develop supporting materials and collateral as needed to ensure member retention and recruitment.
- Job Duty 6: Track and report out on Compact success measures
- Job Duty 7: Perform other duties as assigned
This position vacancy is an open rank announcement. Final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty ranks as outlined in section 3.2.1 of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- Rank of Extension Professional I
- BS degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Engineering, Business, Technology, related sustainability degree, or related/relevant field.
- Rank of Extension Profession II
- MS degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Engineering, Business, Technology or related/relevant field, plus 3 years relevant full-time experience after completion of that degree, or
- MS degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Engineering, Business, Technology, or related/relevant field, plus 5 years relevant full-time experience after completion of BS degree, or
- Doctoral degree