Program Manager - 96036
Division: BU-Bldg Technology Urban Systems
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL, https://www.lbl.gov/) Building Technology and Urban Systems (BTUS, https://buildings.lbl.gov/) Division has an opening for a Program Manager (PM) to join the team.
In this exciting role, you will coordinate the planning efforts for programs of limited to moderate scope and size. You will prepare and coordinate program scheduling and budgeting. You will formulate and recommend corrective actions, such as schedule revisions, funding allocations, and staffing levels. You will support development/update of subcontractors’ scopes of work. You will develop program status reports and presentations. Your role will involve support for project-related outreach activities and maintenance of project-related resources.
What You Will Do:
• Coordinate the planning efforts for programs of limited to moderate scope and size.
• Prepare and coordinate program scheduling and budgeting.
• Working with other program staff, PM1 will formulate and recommend corrective actions, such as schedule revisions, funding allocations, and staffing levels.
• Develop program status reports and presentations.
• Support development/update of subcontractors’ scopes of work.
• Support project-related outreach activities and maintenance of project-related resource.
• Interact with program team leader and members. Participate in program review meetings with sponsors and advisory committees. Interact closely with program lead. Maintain internal and some external contacts.
Additional Responsibilities as needed:
• Conduct basic spreadsheet analysis and charting of project-related data.
What is Required:
• 2 to 5 years experience in program administration and planning or equivalent combination.
• Experience with software systems, e.g., Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and various calendar and email systems.
• Knowledge of accounting and budgeting principles and computer-based applications/tools needed for program management.
• Professional concepts in program/ initiative planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
• Ability to adapt to changes in projects’ scope, as dictated by principal investigator (PI) or team lead based on evolving project funder requirements and in-progress research findings.
• Ability to manage projects within a matrixed environment, with support of PI or team lead.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Experience with commercial building energy efficiency programs.
• Experience managing research projects or programs.
• Skill in organizing in-person and remote engagement with experts, stakeholders, technology vendors.
• Experience updating website content.
• Ability to write technical content for general audience.
• Familiarity with Smartsheet software.
For full consideration, please apply by Monday, August 8, 2022 with the following application materials:
• Cover Letter - Describe your interest in this position and the relevance of your background.
• This is a full time, 1 year, term appointment with the possibility of extension or conversion to Career appointment based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
• Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=237470 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Based on University of California Policy - SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program and U.S Federal Government requirements, Berkeley Lab requires that all members of our community obtain the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as they are eligible. As a condition of employment at Berkeley Lab, all Covered Individuals must Participate in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program by providing proof of Full Vaccination or submitting a request for Exception or Deferral. Visit covid.lbl.gov (http://covid.lbl.gov/) for more information.
Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA, https://diversity.lbl.gov/ideaberkeleylab/) and strives to continue building community with these shared values and commitments. Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We heartily welcome applications from women, minorities, veterans, and all who would contribute to the Lab's mission of leading scientific discovery, inclusion, and professionalism. In support of our diverse global community, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity and IDEA Information Links:
Know your rights, click here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters) for the supplement: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) under 41 CFR 60-1.4.