Bonneville Environmental Foundation (BEF) is an entrepreneurial nonprofit working on environmental solutions at the intersection of renewable energy and freshwater. Partnerships are key to our success. We build long-term relationships with our nonprofit, government, education, corporate, utility and philanthropic partners by first understanding their goals and needs and providing solutions that achieve those goals while achieving real, measurable environmental benefits.
Who are we looking for?
BEF is seeking a forward-thinking and inspirational Program Director for the Renewables Program. This pivotal role is not only central to guiding the strategic direction of the Renewables Program but is also deeply committed to serving underserved communities. As a key figure in our team, you will be instrumental in steering top-tier program management and execution across multiple states, while ensuring that our efforts are inclusive and benefit all sections of society, particularly those historically marginalized.
Why Join Us? Our Values Are:
Partnership: We believe we can accomplish more by bringing people together.
Adaptability: We evolve, adapt, and apply what we learn to constantly improve our results.
Knowledge: We seek out and value diverse perspectives, embrace new ideas, and pioneer new approaches
Innovation: We recognize the scope and pace of the change we need demands that we innovate. This need for innovation inspires and energizes us.
Integrity: We are honest with our employees, customers, and our partners. We promise to always deliver the best possible outcomes for the environment and people we serve.
Hiring, Building, and Managing a Team:
- Cultivation of Renewable Energy Talent: Lead and innovate in the cultivation of renewable energy talent, with a special focus on engaging and uplifting underserved communities.
- Team Assembly and Leadership: Assemble and lead a skilled team capable of effectively executing the program's objectives. Ensure a strong alignment with the Program’s goals and values.
- Multi-State Team Management: Oversee and manage the team's operations across several states, ensuring consistent performance and effective collaboration in a geographically diverse environment.
Program Startup and Development:
- Strategic Research and Planning: Conduct in-depth research and develop a strategic plan for a successful program launch. This includes performing market analysis, identifying industry trends in renewables, and creating a comprehensive roadmap aligned with organizational goals.
- Program Initiation and Development: Lead the initiation and development of the program, which involves comprehensive contracting processes and active outreach to relevant communities and organizations.
- Contracting and Outreach: Oversee all aspects of program initiation, focusing on effective contracting and extensive outreach efforts.
- Social Equity Integration: Ensure the integration of social equity principles in all program development and delivery aspects, making renewable energy opportunities accessible to all communities, particularly those underserved.
- Strategic Initiatives for Sustainability: Drive strategic initiatives that not only align with BEF's commitment to sustainability but also expand our outreach and impact across diverse communities.
- Diverse Sector Engagement: Actively engage with stakeholders across various sectors, including government, industry, and the nonprofit sector, to build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships.
- Alignment with Stakeholder Needs: Focus on understanding the needs of these stakeholders and align program objectives to create mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Collaboration with Community and NGOs: Collaborate with community leaders and NGOs to specifically address the needs of underserved populations in the renewable energy sector.
Program and Financial Management:
- Financial Oversight: Oversee all financial aspects of the program and its projects, ensuring robust financial health and sustainability.
- Budget Management: Manage budgets, forecast financial needs, and ensure efficient allocation and utilization of resources for the program.
- Financial Controls and Monitoring: Implement financial controls and monitoring mechanisms to ensure that program deliverables are achieved within budgetary constraints.
- Policy Engagement: Actively engage in policy development relevant to the program's scope and objectives.
- 10+ years in program management or project leadership.
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field; advanced degrees favored.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Strategic vision development and operational excellence.
- Proficiency in federal program management.
- Expertise in budget management and contract negotiation.
- Ability to work in diverse political and cultural environments.
- Experience in the energy sector, especially with utilities, renewable energy, or government contracts.
- Knowledge of the solar industry, including market trends and technologies.
- Experience in engaging with communities historically underrepresented or underserved in the energy sector.
What’s in it for you:
- Salary Range: $120,000-$140,000 annually.
- 100% Employer paid Medical, Short Term and Long-Term Disability, Life insurance for employees; 75% subsidized for family/dependents.
- Retirement plan with 5% employer matching contribution.
- Generous PTO and Vacation Policy including alternative care and self-care leave.
- Four Week paid sabbatical after first 6 years, then every 5 years thereafter
- Opportunity to grow through training and development including a generous paid professional development budget.
- Hybrid work schedule.