Product Stewardship Manager
Avery Dennison Corporation (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 35,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2021 were $8.4 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
Avery Dennison was created to make a difference. Our founder, Stan Avery, believed that a values-driven company could be both a profitable enterprise and a force for good. His legacy of strong values, combined with prudent risk management, compel us to do business sustainably and help advance sustainability in the many industries we serve.
As a global materials science company, inventing materials, improving how they’re made, and expanding what they can do, is how we make a difference in the world. On any given day, hundreds of millions of people are touched by a product, process, or experience made possible by the things we make.
If you want to make a difference, we are seeking a Product Compliance Manager to join our team. This critical role will lead the product stewardship function for the Labels and Graphic Materials business in North America (LGM-NA) with diverse activities to support operations, customer support, sales, marketing, and product development functions with product related regulatory compliance and sustainability information, guidance, and strategies to support customer needs, regulatory requirements, and sustainability objectives. This position will be the LGM-NA focal point for customer/external facing communications and marketing related to product stewardship and will lead governance of the related business processes and data management systems.
- Management responsibilities that include, but are not limited to talent acquisition, development, onboarding and day-to-day leadership
- Contribute to developing a product stewardship strategy and deployment plan
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding regulatory compliance of products with various regulatory or customer product safety or environmental requirements
- Partner with Marketing and Sales stakeholders on strategic initiatives in LGM-NA to leverage product stewardship to differentiate products and enhance competitive edge
- Track new product regulatory compliance, safety, and sustainability developments and lead business processes to identify impacts, mitigate risks, and identify new business opportunities
- Lead support of customer inquiries regarding compliance of LGM-NA products with various regulatory or customer product safety, environmental, or sustainability requirements
- Partner with raw material or component suppliers to obtain current regulatory compliance and sustainability data related to LGM-NA products
- Lead the implementation and maintenance of the product stewardship management system for LGM-NA products
- Coordinate product safety testing of products as needed to satisfy regulatory requirements or customer needs
- Drive participation in new product development processes and provide product stewardship guidance to product development teams
- Provide leadership, technical assistance, and training to cross functional groups such as R&D, marketing, customer service, and procurement regarding product stewardship issues and initiatives
- Implement company product stewardship expectations in LGM-NA
- Lead collaborator for LGM-NA on global teams in support of company goals and objectives
- Exercise the highest degree of discretion when handling all confidential matters
- Bachelor’s degree required with a preference in a technical or scientific field
- 5+ years of product compliance, stewardship, EHS or related experience
- Demonstrated data management ability, able to obtain, organize, and understand complex and large amounts of data using leading data management systems and tools
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete projects and assignments, exercising frequent independent judgment, initiative, and tact
- Excellent time-management, organizational and project management skills are a must
- Experience in handling highly confidential matters
- Proficiency of applicable computer systems and demonstrated ability to effectively learn and use function specific software
- Previous team management experience preferred
- Willingness to accept increased responsibilities and meet the demands of the region in a mature and professional manner, whether working independently or as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal and customer experience skills
- Strong analytical skills
Physical Work Location: Mentor, Ohio
Avery Dennison is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or email@example.com to discuss reasonable accommodations.