Help streamline our day-to-day business, personnel, and product operations. You'll get to build processes and infrastructure from scratch by designing, implementing, and overseeing budgeting, finance, HR, and project management workflows.
As we expand our product and impact around the globe, we are seeking an experienced operations lead to oversee daily activities and build out the operational infrastructure of the company with a focus on creating processes in finance, HR, hiring/recruitment, and project management.
The ideal candidate will have proven success as an operations generalist for other software-focused organizations, with experience in finance, HR, and project management.
This is a hybrid-remote work position located in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Oversee day-to-day financial responsibilities, including payroll, account reconciliation, AP/AR management, updating cash flow analysis, running fiscal scenarios, and maintaining forecasts
- Create and maintain organizational and divisional budgets
- Produce regular reports to senior management on scenarios, forecasts, and budgeting
- Analyze cost structures and identify areas of cost reduction/efficiency
- Oversee and coordinate with external accountants
- Establish standards for hiring, onboarding, performance management, and employee exits
- Work with client/project leads to develop tailored project plans and processes, including RACI grids, internal and client management protocols, and improved project planning/tracking
- Analyze overall operational structure and provide regular recommendations on how to improve company structure, efficiencies, and processes
Required skills and qualifications
- Three or more years of proven experience in an operations management role
- Knowledge of accounting and HR software platforms (Xero and Gusto preferred)
- Strong cash flow analysis and forecasting, budget development, and budget oversight skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organization
- Experience building operational processes from scratch
- Very strong recommendations from previous employer
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Expertise in Google Cloud Platform billing and reporting and/or Google Analytics workflows and visualization
- Previous experience working in small companies / startups
- Experience working in a hybrid-remote company
Salo Sciences is a climate technology company on a mission to protect and restore forests as a means to fight climate change. We work to implement forest-focused natural climate solutions—protection, restoration & improved management—by quantifying, mapping, and monitoring the worlds forests with satellites, airborne lasers, artificial intelligence, and ecological modeling.
Join our growing team as we build a global forest carbon mapping and monitoring system for increased transparency and accountability in climate mitigation projects and markets. You will be directly contributing to tangible, meaningful solution to reverse the rate of climate change.