GreenBiz Group is a fast-growing media and events company that accelerates a just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify, and peer networks that bond, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology, and sustainability. We are a passionate team of people that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
We’re looking for a marketing professional who is excited about writing and creating social media content and growing social media audiences. Someone who is eager to learn new ways of reaching audiences and leveraging existing platforms for greater outcomes. If this resonates with you, we invite you to apply for GreenBiz Group’s Marketing Coordinator position! The below responsibilities are not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities of this role and additional duties may be assigned as business needs for this position evolve. Overall compensation (base salary + discretionary bonus or commission if sales) for this role will be provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications within the following range: $70,000 - $90,000 plus health and wellness benefits.
- Writing and scheduling social media posts
- Working with team members to create sample social media posts for speakers, sponsors and attendees
- Looking for opportunities to grow GreenBiz’s social media presence by keeping up with trends and influencers, spending time on social media searching for relevant posts to comment on, new people and companies to follow and hashtags to use.
- Responding to comments on social media and monitoring event hashtag usage
- Creating video/reel/YouTube shorts for the company
- Leveraging Adobe Illustrator to create custom speaker graphics for event speakers
- Schedule and collaborating with the team to film social media content
- Managing the process for requesting graphics for events from the creative team
- Creating UTM links for social media posts with links
- Supporting filming/generating content for social media on site at events
- BA, preferably in marketing/communications with 1 year of experience OR High School Diploma and 4+ years of related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Written and verbal communication skills — including grammatical, proofreading, and copy-editing skills
- Experience with creating short form video content for social media is a plus
- Exceptional relationship-building and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating initiative, accountability, and ownership of assigned tasks
- Comfortable collaborating with the creative team to provide direction on visual assets
- Strong computer skills overall
About GreenBiz Group
GreenBiz offers a culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California, just steps away from the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART and AC Transit lines. Currently we are all working remotely from home. Please include a cover letter and resume when applying and familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Discretionary paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Employee stock option plan
GreenBiz Group requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and remote roles. GreenBiz Group provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements unless it results in undue hardship for the business. Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.