Manager, NextGen & Clean Tech
Position Title: Manager, NextGen & Clean Tech
Supervisor: Director, Market & Policy Innovation
Department/Division: Market & Policy Innovation
Hours: 40 hours workweek (exempt)
Location: Washington, DC or Denver/Boulder, CO area
Salary range: $86,000 - $110,000
The Market and Policy Innovation (Innovation) Team is seeking a Manager to manage the design, execution, and thought leadership for CEBA’s role in innovating procurement for systemic decarbonization through next generation carbon-free electricity (CFE) procurement solutions, contracting structures, and/or market mechanisms. This Manager will manage a portfolio of activities across two cutting-edge initiatives—the Next Generation Carbon-Free Electricity Procurement Initiative (NextGen Initiative) of the Clean Energy Buyers Institute (CEBI) and Clean Tech Program of the Clean Energy Buyers Association (CEBA). These activities and associated insights will inform and drive adoption of new clean energy technologies and procurement solutions that advance the systemic decarbonization of the electric grid.
- Manage proof of concept projects/activities across the NextGen Initiative and Clean Tech Program that showcase innovative procurement solutions, contracting structures, and market-mechanisms
- Manage relationships with diverse, multi-sector stakeholders to inform, support, and execute demonstrations
- Manage multi-stakeholder workshops and working groups in coordination with Director
- Manage junior staff, as applicable, to support program execution in coordination with Director
- Develop insights and thought leadership about proof of concept projects/activities through presentations, webinars, blogs, insight briefs, and similar thought leadership
- Manage the delivery of funded demonstration projects and support fundraising opportunities, grant-related reporting, and similar with the Development team
- Inform strategy development and organizational KPI progress reporting with senior staff
- Liaise and collaborate with staff to ensure awareness and integration of NextGen resources across CEBI/CEBA initiatives and programs, including Strategic Communications
- Ensure activities are consistent with the CEBA/CEBI vision, mission, and programmatic initiatives
- Where needed, coordinate with CEBA membership, CEBI stakeholders, and philanthropy to amplify the NextGen Initiative
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree and 7+ years’ experience or equivalent professional experience
- Professional experience in clean energy procurement, demonstration projects, and/or contract/transaction model innovation
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience coordinating projects with multiple external and internal stakeholders
- Knowledge and/or experience with corporate clean energy procurement, renewable energy markets, and/or clean energy technology transactions and solutions preferred
- Market knowledge of green hydrogen and long duration storage, highly desirable
- Strong management capabilities
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Self-motivated, curious, and creative in solving challenging problems
- Comfortable leading and facilitating group discussions effectively with different levels and functions in the organization.
- Attention to detail and ability to juggle multiple processes and products simultaneously
- Comfort with shifting areas of focus and prioritization rapidly to accommodate shifting policy landscape
- A commitment to CEBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE)
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization that is relatively new and growing and evolving rapidly.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Frequent communication, verbally and in written form, in-person and remote
To Apply: Please provide a resume and a cover letter.
About Clean Energy Buyers Alliance:
Together, the Clean Energy Buyers Association (CEBA) and the Clean Energy Buyers Institute (CEBI) form the Clean Energy Buyers Alliance, and share a collective vision of customer-driven clean energy for all. The Alliance is an inclusive community of energy customers, clean energy providers, service providers, NGOs, philanthropies, and clean energy thought-leaders. Our aspiration is to achieve a 90% carbon-free U.S. electricity system by 2030 and to cultivate a global community of energy customers driving clean energy.
The Clean Energy Buyers Association is a business association with a mission to activate a community of energy customers and partners to deploy market and policy solutions for a carbon-free energy system. The Clean Energy Buyers Institute is a public benefit charity with a mission dedicated to solving the toughest market and policy barriers to achieving a carbon-free energy system.
Our guiding values and tenets are the same: we value respect in our treatment of people and the planet; integrity in how we conduct ourselves; service to our mission, stakeholders, and colleagues; and excellence in our programs and work. The core tenets that CEBA strives to foster include: Mission oriented, grounded by strategy, a spirit of partnership inside and outside of CEBA and innovation and entrepreneurship through healthy and respectful discord. We know that diversity is critical to realizing our vision of customer-driven clean energy for all because innovative solutions come from great minds who do not think alike.
Our Salary and Benefits
We offer competitive compensation plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. CEBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in CEBA’s success.
CEBA strives for salary equity based on the job, and the candidate’s experience, skills, education, and (once hired) performance at CEBA—not based on a candidate’s negotiation skills, gender, race, sexual orientation, or any other non-skills-based attributes.
- Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy
- 401(k), with employer match
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Parental Leave for parents
- Commuter and Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment, with flexible hours
- Highly Flexible PTO
- Earned sabbatical policy
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Achieving CEBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; CEBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
CEBA is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at CEBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All CEBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems is fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. CEBA will strive for inclusion also by being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We will strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases.
CEBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity, applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.