Manager, ESG – Reporting & Social Compliance
At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
YETI’s inaugural ESG Report was published in 2021, introducing our Keep the wild WILD strategy along with a set of supporting goals and targets spanning our commitment to foster human connection (People), innovate thoughtful products (Product), and restore the wild (Places).
The Manager, Environment, Social, and Governance – Reporting and Social Compliance, based in Austin, TX, will report to YETI’s Chief Compliance Officer. This individual will lead YETI’s enterprise-level ESG reporting and disclosures, manage YETI’s Social Compliance efforts, and help monitor and coordinate ESG related activities throughout the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to join us on our mission to Keep the wild WILD.
Reporting and Disclosure
- Lead YETIs annual ESG reporting and disclosures including development of key narrative around YETI’s people, product, and places goals and commitments
- Manage annual submissions to third party rankings and responses to surveys from investors, retailers, suppliers, and other key stakeholders
- Support informational presentations and communications for internal and external audiences, creating visibility to YETI’s end-to-end impact
Measurements and Insights
- Collaborate with individual data owners to ensure timely and accurate reporting of progress against our ESG goals for internal and external audiences
- Coordinate and help monitor activities related to ESG that may be handled in different parts of the organization, such as Sustainability and DE&I efforts
- Develop data governance processes, providing counsel on ways to improve metrics, communication, and quality
- Monitor and bring proactive leadership to current ESG trends, reporting and disclosure requirements, and best practices
- Nurture cross-functional relationships to guide, support and connect the dots between business operations and science
- Support partnerships with relevant industry associations, NGOs and trade organizations
- Champion YETI’s ESG strategy, goals and commitments
- Oversee the Social Compliance program and roadmap across global supplier matrix to drive ethical production activities
- Regularly assess risks associated with specific geographies and suppliers to prioritize social compliance efforts effectively
- Responsible for initiation and completion of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) in collaboration with internal business partners, suppliers, and customers
- Manage KPIs, reporting, and development of processes and policies to further advance YETI's ESG strategy from a social compliance perspective
- Analyze and identify industry trends, evaluate, and advise senior leadership on emerging regulations, supply chain risks and social trends
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA, Master’s or JD degree preferred
- At least 6 years’ experience in an ESG role, with at least 2 years prior experience leading people
- A subject matter expertise in key frameworks and standards, such as SASB, TCFD, SBTi, GHG Protocol and CDP
- Experience in Social Compliance and working closely with suppliers, auditing frameworks, and tools
- Knowledgeable of ESG ratings and rankings, such as MSCI, Sustainalytics, ISS and Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
- A strategic and creative thinker with excellent analytical and storytelling skills
- Able to influence across functions, and communicate clearly and effectively, translating complex concepts for a range of audiences
- Able to deliver in ambiguity, work autonomously, and muti-task in an agile environment
- Highly collaborative and strong relationship builder
YETI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.