Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 850 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
This position is instrumental to the Corporate Climate Leadership initiative which builds business support for EDF’s federal and state climate policy. The Manager will have a unique opportunity to drive change at the intersection of business and public policy, mobilizing companies to advocate for the policies needed to achieve their climate and clean energy goals. The Manager will develop and execute EDF’s corporate engagement strategy, under the direction of the Managing Director, EDF+Business. This position works collaboratively across the EDF+Business, U.S. Region and Energy Transition teams and cultivates external relationships with key stakeholders to move strategies forward and achieve results.
- Work with the Managing Director and project team to set goals, identify high-impact strategies and activities and track progress over time.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with target companies across sectors to advance EDF’s federal and state policy goals. Determine asks for corporate advocacy on policies to cut emissions from high-emitting sectors and improve disclosure of climate risk.
- Lead team strategy and activity related to private-sector implementation of the Inflation Reduction Act including engagement with companies, external consultants, and other relevant EDF teams.
- Manage relationships with external partners, grantees and consultants. Identify goals, define the scopes of work and oversee the execution of projects with each partner.
- Be a thought leader on the policies needed to achieve private sector net-zero goals in the U.S. Represent EDF at conferences and external meetings; lead the development of blogs, reports, presentations, and other communications.
- Manage and coach junior staff and oversee their professional development.
- Contribute to fundraising efforts and reporting to donors.
- Participate in advancing EDF’s DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- At least six years of relevant experience such as legislative/regulatory advocacy, government affairs or environmental campaigns; advanced degree can substitute for up to 2 years’ experience.
- Advanced degree in policy, economics, business or law in areas related to climate and energy preferred, or comparable substantive expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate high-level engagements with businesses, environmental NGOs and other key stakeholders.
- Strong familiarity with the U.S. climate and energy policy landscape, and the interface between the private sector and policymakers. Ability to link corporate climate and energy commitments and the policies needed to achieve them.
- Keen strategic capacity and ability to synthesize complex information to develop and deploy action plans and refine them on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects with numerous team members in a fast-paced working environment, and a high capacity for working collaboratively across multiple programs.
- Clear, concise and engaging verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to travel for work as needed (as appropriate given COVID restrictions)
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 83,000 - 93,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/manager-corporate-climate-leadership
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.