Manager, Company Network – Financial Services Sector
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description and Responsibilities
Ceres is searching for a full-time Manager to act as the relationship manager for a portfolio of Company Network members in the financial services sector. Working in concert with the strategic advisor, the Manager will support Ceres’ strategy for accelerating sustainability leadership in the sector, with a focus on the Ceres Roadmap 2030 priorities of stabilizing the climate, protecting water and natural resources, and building a just and inclusive economy.
This is a full-time position preferably based in Boston, but would welcome remote work, with line reporting to one of the Directors or Senior Directors of the Company Network. Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as relationship manager for a portfolio of Ceres Company Network members in the financial services sector, with a focus on banks, providing expert guidance on their sustainable business strategies, assessing and tracking their performance against the expectations of the Ceres Roadmap 2030, and customizing annual engagement plans to drive company progress and leadership.
- Manage and facilitate multi-stakeholder dialogues that bring together Ceres member companies with investors, social and environmental advocates, and other experts to advise the company’s sustainability strategy, disclosure, policy development and programmatic priorities.
- Manage cross-organizational coordination on Ceres engagement strategy with the portfolio of companies, representing the Company Network’s priorities and theory of change.
- Help develop and execute annual programmatic goals for advancing sustainability leadership within this portfolio, and support strategic planning and performance for the Company Network.
- Develop briefings or presentations for members of the Ceres leadership team in support of their engagement with companies, investors or other external audiences.
- Participate in the design, development and implementation of tools and resources to drive forward leadership in corporate sustainability practice as laid out in the Ceres Roadmap 2030.
- Partner on developing external communications and engagement opportunities (workshops, webinars, multi-media communications) to bring Ceres expertise to the corporate, investor and advocacy communities.
- Contribute to the collaborative environment of the Ceres Company Network Team through guidance and mentorship, ongoing training and direct supervision, as necessary, of new and existing team members.
- Grow team revenue through development of fee for service project opportunities with companies within and beyond the Network.
- Help build the pipeline of companies joining the Company Network by identifying prospective members and supporting the outreach process.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the annual Ceres Conference program and other events.
- Represent Ceres externally by attending and speaking at relevant conferences and events, as needed.
- Five years or more of full-time, direct experience working on sustainability and corporate responsibility issues in the corporate, investor or non-profit sectors.
- Expertise and understanding of sustainability issues material to the financial services sector, including climate, water and natural resources, and human rights, as well as governance and disclosure systems.
- Understanding of corporations including corporate reporting and business strategy tools, and the socially responsible investment community.
- Experience in the North American context is required, coupled with an understanding of the broader international context for sustainability.
- Demonstrated project management skills overseeing multiple projects and external relationships at the same time.
- Demonstrated ability to be an advocate for change.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills for both internal and external audiences.
- Effective facilitation skills with the ability to bring divergent ideas to a productive conclusion.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Ability to bring a positive outlook to working at Ceres.
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity.
- Proficiency with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above - when safe business travel is possible.
- Passion for accelerating and expanding the adoption of sustainable business practices and solutions to build a healthy global economy.
The hiring salary range for this position is $75,000.00-77,000.00
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.