Head of Client Relations
thinkPARALLAX is a leading full-service sustainability strategy and communications agency. We partner with influential companies across industries to build unique sustainability strategies, programs, and platforms. Combining creativity and deep subject matter expertise, we give companies an advantage to amplify their impact.
In addition to being a certified B-Corp, thinkPARALLAX celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. It's even one of our values — check it out on our website.
As Head of Client Relations, your mission will be to craft and execute on the vision for growing business with new and existing clients. Your day-to-day will focus on ensuring a continued healthy pipeline of work through both strategic planning and tactical activities, leading our Accounts Team and connecting the dots with other areas of our business. You’ll also guide (and teach team members to guide) clients through their journey and can speak to materiality assessment, strategy, goals, program/policy development, and/or communications and branding.
Your responsibilities will include:
Business development strategy
- Craft and execute on the Accounts Team strategy, including revenue growth strategies, aligned to company-wide goals and objectives.
- Develop the strategy for new business and oversee its implementation.
- Collaborate with Marketing to execute on business development strategies in conjunction with marketing activities.
- Track emerging markets and trends, identifying and recommending new services.
- Propose and develop strategic partnerships.
- Establish KPIs and targets for measuring the success of the Accounts Team’s activities.
Client relationship development
- Serve as Account lead for 1-2 clients, guiding them on their sustainability journey.
- Represent thinkPARALLAX at events, securing speaking and/or facilitation opportunities when relevant.
- Expand the reach of the thinkPARALLAX brand.
Team development and management
- Create and maintain the learning and development program for the Accounts Team.
- Provide training sessions to the Accounts Team to strengthen key skills and the team's knowledge base, particularly around client relationship development.
- Manage and mentor team members.
- Collaborate with the Head of Operations on staffing projects, balancing workloads, and shaping processes related to Client Relations.
- Contribute to tPX's business strategy through your role on the Leadership Team.
- Bring the perspective of the Accounts Team to the Leadership Team.
- May serve as an external thought leader in sustainability.
- Experience in an agency/consulting environment, primarily working on sustainability strategy, disclosures, reporting, communications, and/or branding projects.
- Demonstrated ability to become long-term strategic partner with clients.
- Experience leading successful revenue generation strategies.
- A robust network in corporate sustainability.
- Proficiency in ESG standards and frameworks, such as GRI, SASB, and TCFD.
- Strategic thinker with a proactive approach.
- Proven success mentoring and managing team members.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented; Eager to share your knowledge with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function well in a remote-first, collaborative, fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
As a team that comes together in-person from time to time, all thinkPARALLAX employees must maintain up-to-date vaccination against COVID-19. Exceptions are made for medical or religious reasons.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position, working remotely or from the thinkPARALLAX office in Encinitas, CA. thinkPARALLAX is California-based, so the ideal candidate will be working within three hours of Pacific Standard Time.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life, and our benefits are designed to promote this aspiration. Please see our Compensation package below for details.
We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Eligibility for employment in the U.S. is required.
- Base salary of $130,000 - $180,000, plus a bonus structure tied to achievement of revenue goals.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance. tPX covers 80% of your medical premium and 100% of your dental and vision premiums.
- Nine (9) paid federal holidays.
- Ten (10) paid tPX holidays during our two annual week-long company closures, typically the first week of August and the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Fifteen (15) days of paid vacation per year, which will start accruing on your first day.
- Nine (9) days (72 hours) of paid sick leave annually, which will start accruing on your first day.
- A professional development benefit of 96 hours and $1,500 annually to be invested in pursuit of your professional development goals.
- One (1) paid volunteer day.
- A monthly wellness stipend, currently set at $75/month.
- The PARALLAXploration travel program, including 3 days of paid time off and $1,800 to explore a new place.
- The tPX 401(k) plan, including ESG-focused funds, tPX match up to 4% of your salary, and immediate vestment.
- The tPX profit sharing plan, an end-of-year bonus based on a percent of the year's profit in relationship to salary and tenure.
If you think you’re the one, please send the following to email@example.com with subject line “Head of Client Relations application”.
- Your resumé.
- Responses to the following questions in whatever format you think best shows off who you are (right in the body of an email, in a cover letter, video…):
- Why would you like to work at thinkPARALLAX - what would it mean to you?
- What part of this role excites you the most?
- What's one strength or specialty people are surprised to learn about you?
- What about your creativity, skill sets, and/or experience might be exciting or inspiring for the team to know?
Studies tell us that the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can prevent some of us from applying unless we meet every single qualification. Your experience doesn’t perfectly match the job description? Apply anyway. You just might be a great candidate for this role or others.
We’re excited to hear from you!