Bonsai Leadership Group is excited to support the Beyond Carbon Fund and Beyond Carbon Action Fund in the search to find its first Grants and Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Project Director, the Grants and Operations Manager is an innovator and sharp process management expert who is responsible for building grant management systems and processes for a multimillion-dollar portfolio for the Beyond Carbon Fund and Beyond Carbon Action Fund. The systems will ensure accuracy in tracking outgoing grants, compliance with relevant laws, validity in quantifiable reporting, and efficiency in information sharing across the organization and with key partners. This position will respond to requests from funders and grantees, and work closely with NVF and STF, as well as maintain an internal operations budget. The Grants and Operations Manager’s work will directly impact some of the most effective policy, advocacy, legal, and political campaigns in the climate space, making tangible progress towards our nation’s climate needs.
The Grants and Operations Manager will be responsible for the following:
GRANTS MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONS
- Monitor the life cycle of grants and contracts to ensure all reports and other grant requirements through the pre-award, award, and post-award phases are documented in systems and are properly executed.
- Create and maintain a grant process and workflow from pipeline management, due diligence, grant award, payment, final reporting, and close out.
- Ensure systems are in place to review grant proposals and budgets for legal and financial compliance for both 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 allowable activities.
- Manage the creation, preparation, execution, processing, and distribution of grant agreements.
- Improve and innovate processes and policies, with the goal of always improving grantee the experience.
- Design and conduct ongoing training on policies and procedures, process improvements, data integrity, due diligence, and compliance requirements with staff relative to grants and contracts.
- Develop and manage budgets and ensure that expenses are within targets.
GRANTS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
- Manage the day-to-day grants process and workflow, including managing the pipeline, review, award, reporting, and close out, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all approved grant recommendations are processed and executed. This includes conducting financial, organizational, and compliance due diligence for all grants.
- Lead the implementation and integration of a new grants management process for the Beyond Carbon Fund and Beyond Carbon Action Fund, including synthesizing new processes with existing systems and programs, and building templates for contracts, grants, and other relevant tools and supporting materials.
- Create dashboards, queries, and other data analytics to support programmatic, financial, and operational decision making and goals.
REPORTING & RECONCILIATION
- Coordinate closely with the NVF and STF finance teams to ensure timely grant payments and conduct payment reconciliation.
- Organize all electronic documents and files related to grants and in accordance with document retention policies and other compliance standards.
- Lead compiling data and reporting on the reach and impact of grants,
- Manage grant reporting, ensuring timely submission, review, and approval of grant reports.
EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
Ideal candidates will have a background and resume that reflect the following:
- 6+ years of grants management experience with both 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 organizations.
- Ability to successfully manage projects and grants with an exceptional focus on quality and project follow-through.
- Strong attention to detail and skilled editor experienced with proofing data, spreadsheets, and memos.
- Administrator-level experience with a grants management database.
- Proficiency with SharePoint and Microsoft Office Suite, including Teams and Excel.
- Proven experience as a strategic thinker with development of solutions in anticipation of potential problems.
- Excels at working both collaboratively and independently with the ability to manage simultaneous projects and successfully prioritize multiple tasks.
- Energized by working with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Professional or academic experience with climate or environmental issues
5 – 10% of U.S.-based travel for staff retreats and programs
Remote (Southeast and Midwest United States would be a plus)
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $100,000 - $120,000 annually with an anticipated starting salary dependent upon the qualifications and experience of the hired candidate.
In addition, Beyond Carbon Fund and Beyond Carbon Action Fund offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance for employees (and their families)
- Enrollment in 401(k) retirement plan with eligibility for a 3% automatic contribution and up to a 3% employer match on 401(k) contributions
- Pre-tax transportation benefits
- Two hundred (200) hours of vacation time, 80 hours of health leave, up to 2 days of casual leave, and 20 hours of volunteer leave, annually
- Thirteen (13) paid holidays throughout the calendar year
- Twelve (12) weeks of paid family and medical leave after 90 days of employment
- Monthly cell phone and fitness reimbursements