Otter Products is currently seeking a Global Sustainability Manager in Fort Collins, CO on a hybrid schedule to develop, implement and execute the company's global sustainability strategy. In this role you will be responsible for setting sustainability goals and guiding the business toward achieving them. You will manage sustainability programs and initiatives, and report on sustainability performance. As the Global Sustainability Manager you will work closely with cross-functional teams across the company to ensure that sustainability is integrated into all aspects of the business.
To succeed in this role you will have a strong understanding of current sustainability best practices and relevant regulations and international standards including but not limited to ISO 14040 & ISO 14044 – life cycle assessment, ISO 14067 – carbon footprint of products, ISO 14020 series – environmental labels, GHG Protocols for Corporate Value Chain/Scope 3 emissions & Estimating and Reporting Comparative Emission Impacts of Products. Additionally, you will be familiar with sustainability performance metrics and validation processes for sustainability and recycled content claims, while possessing the ability to collect, organize, input, and analyze data accurately and efficiently to recognize and interpret trends and communicate findings.
If you are an entrepreneurial team player with a solutionist mindset, a passion for sustainability and the drive to effectively implement sustainability practices across a global organization, then the Global Sustainability Manager may be the perfect opportunity for your career!
About Otter Products
Otter Products, we grow to give. From our founder's garage in 1998 to the global technology leader we are today, Otter Products continues to drive growth through innovation.
Through our industry-leading brands - OtterBox, Liviri and OtterCares - we provide our partners the number-one selling and most trusted products in our categories. Our philanthropic spirit is the foundation on which we foster our partner relationships, allowing us to grow and to give - together.
By way of our charitable arm, the OtterCares Foundation, we support our communities and invest in our future through education that inspires kids to change the world.
And even as our global community of Otters continues to grow, our founder's core values are still at the heart of everything we do. We measure our success by our ability to give back to our communities and strengthen opportunities for all.
For more information visit otterproducts.com
- Develop, implement, and execute the company’s sustainability strategy aligned with business goals and industry best practices.
- Develop and implement sustainability policies, processes, and procedures to reduce the company’s environmental impact.
- Present and communicate frequently with the executive leadership team to ensure awareness and progress towards achieving the company’s sustainability strategy and goals.
- Effectively communicate the sustainability agenda within the company to promote awareness within the organization and drive the environmental strategy forward to ensure continued corporate sustainability development.
- Establish proactive future looking goals to ensure that Otter Products is set up for competitive success in global sustainability.
- Establish robust science-based reporting frameworks, metrics, and targets to measure and track the company's performance.
- Educate and train employees on sustainability issues.
- Represent the company at sustainability events and conferences.
- Track, calculate and report on greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Work internally to develop easily auditable processes for validating GHG reporting.
- Analyze, identify, and prioritize key GHG risks and opportunities for the company's operations, products, and supply chain.
- Engage with suppliers to conduct regular assessments of the suppliers’ GHG performance including the impact of the suppliers’ operations. Address concerns and provide recommendations for continuous improvement. Develop a reporting strategy and process for collection of Scope 3 environmental, social, and governance (ESG) reporting.
- Ensure compliance with relevant GHG & ESG global regulations, guidelines, and reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Purchasing, Operations, Engineering, Logistics, Product, Legal, Sales, and Marketing to integrate sustainability into their respective areas. Lead project teams in these areas to drive improvements that align with company sustainability objectives.
- Prepare sustainability-related reports, presentations, and communications.
- Organize documentation for the company’s sustainability claim validations and lead validation auditing processes.
- Stay up to date on emerging GHG/ESG trends, regulations, and industry benchmarks to anticipate potential risks and opportunities.
- Serve as main point of contact and internal facilitator of customer sustainability inquiries and required reporting (e.g., CDP, EcoVadis, Gigaton, HIGG FEM, etc.).
- Work with internal stakeholders to identify additional opportunities for improvement to reduce the company’s environmental impact.
- Support and maintain a positive safety culture by following all safety policies and procedures and actively contributing to a safe working environment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, sustainability, business administration, or a similar field is required.
- Minimum of four years of experience in sustainability management with an in-depth knowledge of GHG principles, frameworks, and reporting standards required
- Greenhouse Gas inventory management experience preferred
- Professional certifications in sustainability (e.g., GRI, CAP, CEM, CSR-P, SEP), and memberships in relevant industry associations preferred
- Proven track record of assessing suppliers in an international company.
- Expertise in closed-loop plastics or electronics manufacturing and environmentally friendly end-of-life solutions preferred.
- Experience preparing corporate sustainability reports, ESG reports preferred.
Otter Products, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For US Based Roles Only - Compensation Range Minimum
For US Based Roles Only - Compensation Range Maximum
Additional Total Rewards
Benefits Eligible - Full Time- check out otterproducts.com/careers/why for more info, Profit Sharing Program Eligible