Your team responsibilities
We are seeking to expand the Hedge Fund ESG Client Coverage team in New York with a commercially driven and results-oriented individual. As the leading provider of Environmental, Social and Governance Research, Ratings and Indexes, we continue to grow our footprint with the world's largest asset managers, banks, hedge funds, pension funds and corporations. As an MSCI ESG Sales Specialist you are responsible for developing new hedge fund business within the East Coast territory.
The role requires a good understanding of the various hedge fund investment strategies and a commitment to develop industry contacts if not already in place. The individual will work very closely with all parts of the MSCI organization, including Client Service, Marketing, Legal, Finance and Product Management.
What we will offer you:
At MSCI, we provide competitive benefits programs in every region in which we do business. While our benefits plans vary in availability in our different locations, we offer a broad range of benefits that are part of the value you receive as a MSCI employee. Wherever you are with us, you will find benefits that can help ensure your health and well-being and contribute to your financial security.
Your key responsibilities:
This is a unique opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas of investing (ESG and Climate) with the most complex investment and portfolio strategies. No two use cases are the same, so we are looking for fast learners and creative thinkers who can understand client needs and match these needs with industry leading products and services.
- Educate potential clients about ESG investment trends and how MSCI can enable investors to build ESG capabilities through our market leading ESG Research, Index, and Analytics solutions.
- Consistently meet and exceed sales and business objectives
- Develop a formalized account management plan to grow existing book of business
- Identify opportunities and close sales to new prospects
- Work with the wider sales group to achieve cross-segment opportunities and synergies from information sharing and collaboration
- Communicate suggestions to improve, customize, or create new products and solutions
- Gather and share industry trends and competitive intelligence to senior management
Your skills and experience that will help you excel
- Applicable experience working with hedge funds or similarly complex investment firms
- Recent experience in managing sales effort against a quantitative objective
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Good networking and inter-personal skills
- Absolute personal and business integrity
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, customer orientated thinker with a strong consultative sales drive
- A team builder and player with emotional and professional maturity
- A good understanding of the ESG market and how ESG factors impact the investment process is a plus
How we’ll support you
- Coaching, support and encouragement from experts in your team
- Access to a wide range of learning opportunities to support your growth and development
- Customizable learning journeys to help you navigate your professional development
- Transparent performance-based compensation schemes
- Employee Resource Groups: MSCI Pride, Black Leadership Network, Women’s Leadership Forum, Women in Tech, Asian Support Network, All Abilities, Hola! MSCI and Climate Action Group.
About MSCI and our teams
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 50 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create. We are inclusive, we champion bold ideas, we always pursue excellence, and always act with integrity. Personal accountability and responsibility are key to success, and we always work as a team to remain client centric.
At MSCI diversity is at our core and inclusion defines our culture. Our people are empowered to maximize their potential in an environment where all individuals are respected and encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. We work, learn and grow together and we are committed to hiring and promoting qualified women, ethnic minorities and members of the LGBT+ community candidates, who have historically been underrepresented in financial services.
To learn more about life at MSCI please visit https://careers.msci.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Glassdoor.
To all recruitment agencies: MSCI does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any MSCI employee, location or website. MSCI is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Response to COVID-19
To help protect our colleagues, MSCI requires that new hires are fully vaccinated (meaning two weeks have elapsed since the final vaccine shot) as a condition of employment and will require proof of vaccination.