Position Title: ESG Analyst
Location: Dallas or Austin (Hybrid)
Digital Realty is seeking an ESG Analyst to be a key member of our global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) team. We aim to lead the data center industry in sustainability/ESG performance and this role provides a truly unique opportunity to work in a thriving industry and help make an impact on the environment. As our business grows in size and capabilities, we are looking to increase the capabilities of our ESG engagement and approach in order to more efficiently meet the needs of our investors and customers.
We are looking for a team-centric individual with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills and is comfortable working cross-functionally. This position will work closely with the members of the ESG team, as well as various departments and senior leaders. This position will be based in our Dallas, TX office with flexible working arrangement. Other Digital Realty office locations may be considered.
What you’ll do
- Drive the collection, organization, and analysis of ESG data to meet global ESG reporting needs. This includes energy (our largest material impact), water, waste data tracking and greenhouse gas reporting.
- Support ESG reporting, including assisting with ESG Report development and responding to CDP, GRESB (Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark) and S&P CSA (Corporate Sustainability Assessment)
- Track, maintain and manage monthly renewable energy statements from Digital Realty’s virtual power purchase agreements (PPAs)
- Monitor and track progress against ESG goals and KPIs
- Support the ongoing implementation of environmental and social initiatives across our portfolio of data centers.
- Provide data and information to support customer and investor ESG requests, including for customer RFPs and annual ESG surveys
- Communicate key sustainability metrics both internally and externally via press releases, social media platforms, website, and other communication channels to engage employees, guests, and external stakeholders.
- Support ESG-related tasks and activities as directed by manager.
- Expected travel: up to 10%
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, business, engineering or related field. 2-4 years of professional experience in ESG or sustainability preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with ESG reporting disclosures preferred, including SASB, CDP, GRESB, S&P CSA, TCFD, GRI
- Knowledge and experience with green building certifications, including LEED and BREEAM, as well as EPA Energy Star preferred
- Experience using Energy Star Portfolio Manager and other 3rd party ESG reporting software preferred
- A critical thinker with the ability to perform data analysis and pull meaningful insights.
- Ability to embrace change and adapt to evolving business needs.
- High attention to detail and strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint); PowerBI experience preferred
- Shows initiative and ownership of projects, with ability to stay organized while working on multiple projects.
- Upholds high standards of ethical and professional conduct.
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Digital Realty encourages all new hires to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated by their start date. Employees who are not fully COVID-19 vaccinated will need to comply with our weekly COVID-19 testing requirements, subject to applicable workplace accommodation requirements.
A bit about us
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.
A bit about our Legal team
Our Legal team works in a highly complex global business sector with a diverse range of local, regional and international organizations. From ensuring compliance in different jurisdictions to supporting business teams with customer and supplier contracts, we’re involved in a variety of projects. Working in a dynamic commercial environment, we collaborate with colleagues across different departments and always have a new challenge waiting for us.
What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We’ll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.