The Program Director will work with Equitable Origin’s CEO to support the EO100™ Standard and Certification. This will include the following responsibilities:
- Manage the EO certification team to ensure effective program administration;
- Oversee professional development and annual performance reviews of the certification team, and identify training opportunities for employees;
- Oversee the EO100™ certification process including the self-assessment, assessor approval, peer review, certificate issuance, annual verification and witness assessments;
- Contract and client management; develop and maintain rapport with clients and support clients through the certification process;
- Build out additional business areas for standard application (additional technical supplements and/or additional countries of standard application);
- Help develop program funding model and registry application for certified production;
- Help develop annual program strategy, goals and budget forecasts;
- Track program income and budget performance;
- Coordinate and lead standards review processes and write standard and assurance documents;
- Identify and coordinate with technical experts;
- Keep up to date with current industry and policy research and relevant ESG standards and reporting frameworks;
- Collaborate with government, producers, NGOs, and socially responsible investors to promote best practices on disclosure of key ESG indicators;
- Engage energy companies to adopt the EO100™ Standard;
- Engage energy utilities and other downstream energy users on opportunities to support certified-responsible energy;
- Respond to stakeholder requests for information, questions or formal grievances related to the certification process or certified sites;
- Oversee communications and marketing of the EO100™ Standard and Certification, including review of press releases and blog articles;
- Represent EO at external events and conferences.
- MA, MSC or equivalent technical qualification.
- At least ten years of experience working in the oil and gas sector, preferably with a focus on natural gas production.
- Experience conducting assessments, audits or evaluations of HSE or other ESG performance at the site level including on the ground assessment (not desktop based).
- Willingness to travel to various sites throughout North America.
- Knowledge of ESG metrics and frameworks.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to take initiative and work well with multi-disciplinary dispersed teams.
- Strong marketing capabilities with willingness to run multiple marketing presentations weekly to interested stakeholders.
- Leadership skills and business development experience growing ESG programs and services considered an asset.
- Managerial or supervisory experience overseeing diverse, remote teams preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including experience working well with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, google sheets, and virtual meeting platforms (Zoom, Teams, Google Meets).
- Eligibility to work in country of residence.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Program Director Application”
Deadline: Please submit applications by February 13, 2023.
Equitable Origin’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.