CEF Director of Research
CEF is an invitation-only senior executive network comprised of Fortune 500 companies spanning two dozen industries with combined revenues over $4 trillion. It provides a year-round neutral, pre- competitive space for Chief Sustainability Officers and other influential executives to exchange best practices, collaborate, and incubate new ideas to drive sustainable value creation and innovation.
The CEF Director of Research will play a vital role in CEF’s small, “all hands-on deck” team, with lead responsibility to oversee efforts to collect, organize, analyze, produce, and disseminate corporate sustainability-related information to maintain CEF’s role as a premier, trusted filter of key news, research, and trends for members.
- Produce an outstanding, publication-ready edition each week of CEF’s flagship Monday-morning publication, The CEF Weekly Briefing—a premier, highly trusted publication read by thousands of senior Fortune 500 executives that digests the latest corporate sustainability-related news, research, and trends. CEF Weekly Briefing archive
- As needed, produce executive summaries of important corporate sustainability-related research, publications and meetings.
- Serve as Managing Editor for the “CEF Spotlight Blog:” propose and solicit new contributions; correspond with contributors; manage the publishing schedule; edit draft posts submitted.
- Assist with ad hoc research on important corporate sustainability-related trends, best practices, collaborative initiatives, as well as gaps and opportunities in key areas to inform the scope and quality of CEF dialogues and collaborative efforts.
- Education/training or work experience relating to business and sustainability; strong familiarity with a wide range of corporate sustainability and ESG-related topics and terminology.
- Superb writing, research and fact-checking skills; background or education in Journalism, Communications, English or relevant field preferred.
- Aptitude for distilling complex information into concise, clear, and accurate prose.
- Laser-like editing skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated capacity to be proactive, work independently, and self-manage.
- Desire to work remotely.
About the Role
- Full-time independent contract position.
- Remote working opportunity.
- $7,000 per month ($84,000 annually)
Send the following items to CEF Deputy Director Mike Rama at email@example.com. All items must be submitted for candidate consideration. Applications will be accepted until the role is filled.
- Cover letter
- 2 unedited writing examples