Job Description – Consultant
Cause Consulting seeks a creative, passionate, and experienced social impact and communications professional to join our team and partner with our clients. We are a social impact business strategy and communications firm that advises companies on corporate responsibility, social issue leadership, employee and consumer engagement, philanthropy, integrated marketing communications, and related areas. Our main goal is to create and execute initiatives that strengthen business and impact society. (www.causeconsulting.com)
The Consultant will play a role as a client and project manager, team researcher, strategist, and executer working on a range of assignments with leading national companies and brands. Our ideal candidate is a confident self-starter and a team player who is willing to tackle complex assignments. The candidate must be comfortable working remotely and independently in a small organization where initiative, fresh ideas, and commitment are valued and rewarded.
Candidates must have agency experience, integrated marketing communications skills, and have actively worked on corporate social impact-related issues with and within companies. We are seeking team members with knowledge of the rapidly evolving ESG, CSR and DEI arenas. A curiosity and knack for research into specific social issues; confidence in synthesizing and analyzing complex information; and the DNA to network and represent our team in the field is imperative. This position is 100% remote with some business-related travel.
- Manage client relationships, work plans, and processes
- Support the ideation, strategic planning, and implementation of client initiatives
- Produce client-ready plans, presentations, and documents
- Conduct secondary research using third-party sources
- Synthesize, analyze, and package complex information and data
- Collaborate closely with the firm’s Senior consultants and Principals Represent the firm as a leader in the social impact marketplace
- 7+ years of social impact and communications-related client service experience at an agency, consulting, or in-house
- Client service pro: track record managing corporate client relationships, projects, and timelines
- Knowledge of and experience working in the corporate social impact arena: building programs, managing partnerships or grants, designing/executing employee engagement efforts, communicating stories and impact, etc.
- Able to synthesize highly complex ideas and confidently articulate insights and then produce outstanding, client-ready plans, materials, and presentations
- Confident presenter and interviewer, comfortable in a variety of C-Suite scenarios
- Experience with ESG reporting and strategy