GreenBiz Group is a fast-growing media and events company that accelerates a just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify, and peer networks that bond, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology, and sustainability. We are a passionate team of people that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
We’re looking for a full-time Conference Coordinator to join the expanding event team as we grow our events. The Conference Coordinator must be able to adjust to rapidly changing circumstances and work collaboratively with a fast-moving team. Overall compensation (base salary + discretionary bonus) for this role will be provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications within the following range: $65,000 - $85,000 plus health and wellness benefits.
- Managing speaker and conference details in Airtable, Google docs, Cvent (event registration system), the GreenBiz.com Content Management System, and Hopin (our online events platform)
- Managing the uploading and updating of event sessions, booths, and speaker details
- Managing communications with speakers and creating speaker resources.
- Managing updates to the GreenBiz.com events website and conference apps, both before and after events
- Working with our conference venues on conference details
- Managing registration and other programs on site
- Working with the sponsorship team to ensure deliverables are being met by the conference team, including obligations related to sponsor dinners, GreenBiz Studio, Sidebar interviews, and more
- Planning special events, including dinners, receptions, lunches, and after parties
- Coordinating the development and build-out of the VERGE microgrid
- Preparing master deck and visuals
- Developing GreenBiz event sustainability programs
- Support on special programs, like Summits, VERGE Accelerate, Interconnect, and more
- BA or 5 years equivalent work experience
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional time management, organizational and multitasking skills, practicing care in handling sensitive information
- Strong writing skills with excellent spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Ability to work internally with colleagues within and beyond the conference team, including sales and marketing, and externally with customers and partners outside of GreenBiz
- Quick thinking, learning, and problem-solving capability
- Flexibility in a constantly evolving environment
- Proficiency in MS Office tools including Word and Excel, and generally strong computer skills. Experience with Google Apps (Drive, Sites, etc.) strongly preferred
- A proven professional or personal commitment to sustainability
About GreenBiz Group
GreenBiz offers a culture that is collaborative, hardworking, and fun. Our office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California, just steps away from the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART and AC Transit lines. Currently, we are all working remotely from home. Please include a cover letter and resume when applying and familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com.
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Discretionary paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Employee stock option plan
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.