The Sustainability Analyst will fulfill a variety of responsibilities to advance the company’s sustainability efforts. The Analyst will provide seamless execution of tasks including project management and responding to customer requests, independently and in collaboration with leaders and peers.
- Develop metrics, baselines and targets to drive improvement programs and risk management around materials management, renewable energy, science-based emissions reduction targets, green building, and sustainable packaging.
- Respond to customer requests regarding sustainability efforts, including completing surveys such as Carbon Disclosure Project.
- Support customer audits regarding HR and sustainability efforts.
- Consult cross-functionally to help define and execute on sustainability action plans.
- Build, maintain, and enhance internal databases and data collection processes for sustainability initiatives and goals.
- Keep a regular pulse on key stakeholders to ensure appropriate prioritization of initiatives.
- Track and keep abreast of regulatory developments and changes to reporting standards and best in class corporate behavior
- Research emerging sustainability and social responsibility trends, provide summary on areas of opportunity, and independently explore approved opportunities.
- Provide a sustainability perspective on internal cost benefit analysis and critical benchmarking research
- Curate and draft annual Corporate Sustainability Report.
- GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Sustainability, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, or a related field from an accredited institution.
- 3 years or more of experience in related field.
- Capabilities and experience in data management and reporting.
- Must be legally authorized to work for a company in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous professional experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities, troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts and issues to different audiences.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience.