Associate, (Southeast/South Market Access) Market & Policy Innovation
Position Title: Associate, (Southeast/South Market Access) Market & Policy Innovation
Supervisor: Manager, Market and Policy Innovation
Department/Division: Market and Policy Innovation
Hours: 40 hours workweek (exempt)
Location: Southeastern United States (North Carolina or South Carolina strongly preferred), or Washington, D.C.
Salary range: $68,000 - $103,000
The Clean Energy Buyer’s Alliance Market and Policy Innovation team works to solve the toughest policy and market barriers and deploy solutions for large energy customers to pursue clean energy and decarbonize the grid. Strategically and programmatically, the team is organized around three major transformations: decarbonizing the grid for all, unlocking markets, and catalyzing energy customers.
The Associate of Market Policy and Innovation, Southeast Market Access, assists the Manager of Market and Policy Innovation, Southeast Market Access, with projects, tasks and deliverables that underpin these three major transformations related to enhancing market access and expanding utility-initiated clean energy options for customers in the Southeastern United States.
The Associate will help support the Alliance’s efforts to enhance and expand commercial & industrial customer options for clean energy procurement in the Southeastern states of the United States. The role will require research and product development. The Associate will participate in convenings and education of Alliance stakeholders, and the Associate will help advance and amplify policies and programs with elected officials, state energy offices, Commissions and Commissioners, and other regulatory officials.
Specifically, the Associate will be responsible for the following:
Support execution of assigned programmatic projects and tasks.
· Assist the Manager in clean energy customer engagement that drives policy and advocacy solutions for advancing market access and customer program design in the Southeastern region
· Coordinate and provide support for workshops, meetings, webinars, and other discussions to advance programmatic goals
· Support the Manager with the development of authoritative resources, including customer priorities, principles, primers, white papers, guidance documents, policy principles, and frameworks, as well as thought leadership pieces informed by energy customers and industry experts
· Create presentations and other external deliverables in coordination with the Communications department and manage distribution
· Track regulatory dockets, legislative sessions and activities, and utility actions
· Liaise with consultants and other technical experts in the execution of work & co-create thought leadership and recommendations
The Associate shall also:
Support the team
· Support the Manager with Southeastern region coalitions and partners to advance programmatic goals
· Provide support to all team members to meet timelines, budgets, and other requirements
· Participate in hiring where appropriate and needed
· Inform programmatic budgets to assist the Manager in managing team budgets
· Support the Manager on grant deliverables
Collaborate and engage with Alliance stakeholders
· Collaborate with others in the organization to share best practices and support each other’s work
· Support communications and relationship development with advisory committees, working groups, policy teams and other ad hoc committees
· Assist with convenings and education of clean energy customers and other stakeholders on the benefits of well-designed markets in the Southeast
· Help mobilize energy customers in the Southeastern region as a powerful voice in market expansion and customer program design
· Participate in industry conferences, convenings, etc. and be capable of speaking to the Alliance aspiration, mission, and vision
· Support large energy customer participation in high-level meetings with Governors, Lt. Governors, legislatures, state energy offices, and/or Commissions that highlight how affordability, jobs, reliability, and resiliency can be maximized through clean energy
· Where appropriate, coordinate with CEBA membership, CEBI stakeholders, and philanthropy to detail and amplify Southeast Market Access principles and work
- 10+ years’ experience or 7+ years’ experience and Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years’ experience and Master's Degree
- Experience working in North Carolina and/or South Carolina on issues related to clean energy development or procurement strongly preferred
- Experience with corporate, industrial, or institutional clean energy procurement preferred
- Knowledge of wholesale energy markets or market design preferred
· Demonstrated effective communication (verbal and/or written)
· Demonstrated ability to tackle complex problems and contribute to insightful analyses using quantitative and quantitative approaches
· Demonstrated ability to execute on projects and tasks that deliver high quality products and results
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
· A commitment to CEBA’s core values of Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
· Communicate verbally and in written form with great facility and must be able to be understood
To be considered for this opportunity, please provide a resume and cover letter.
Our Salary and Benefits:
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world-class team by holistically supporting the individual. CEBA also offers eligibility to participate in our annual bonus/ incentive plan based on both organizational and individual performance. CEBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in CEBA’s success.
CEBA strives for salary equity based on the job, and the candidate’s experience, skills, education, and (once hired) performance at CEBA—not based on a candidate’s negotiation skills, gender, race, sexual orientation, or any other non-skills-based attributes.
Benefits We Offer You:
· Highly Flexible PTO
· Re-charge Friday, once a month to encourage work life integration
· Annual L&D Stipend to spend at your learning leisure
· Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy, including domestic partners
· 401(k), with employer match
· Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
· Generous Parental and Guardianship Leave
· Commuter and Wellness Benefits
· Casual Work Environment, with flexible hours
· Earned sabbatical policy
· Employee Assistance Program
At CEBA You Belong:
Our members come from all walks of life and so do we. Our commitment to a zero-carbon energy system is for everyone and so too is our workplace.
CEBA is committed to maintaining a workplace where all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at CEBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All CEBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems are fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. CEBA is committed to being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases so we can counteract them.
Achieving CEBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; CEBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
About Clean Energy Buyers Alliance:
Together, the Clean Energy Buyers Association (CEBA) and the Clean Energy Buyers Institute (CEBI) form the Clean Energy Buyers Alliance, and share a collective vision of customer-driven clean energy for all. The Alliance is an inclusive community of energy customers, clean energy providers, service providers, NGOs, philanthropies, and clean energy thought-leaders. Our aspiration is to achieve a 90% carbon-free U.S. electricity system by 2030 and to cultivate a global community of energy customers driving clean energy.
The Clean Energy Buyers Association is a business association with a mission to activate a community of energy customers and partners to deploy market and policy solutions for a carbon-free energy system. The Clean Energy Buyers Institute is a public benefit charity with a mission dedicated to solving the toughest market and policy barriers to achieving a carbon-free energy system.
Our guiding values and tenets are: we value respect in our treatment of people and the planet; integrity in how we conduct ourselves; service to our mission, stakeholders, and colleagues; and excellence in our programs and work. The core tenets that CEBA strives to foster include: Mission oriented, grounded by strategy, a spirit of partnership inside and outside of CEBA and innovation and entrepreneurship through healthy and respectful discord. We know that diversity is critical to realizing our vision of customer-driven clean energy for all because innovative solutions come from great minds who do not think alike.
CEBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present, or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.