Analyst, Market Strategy & Engagement
Location: US-based, remote
Native, a PBC is seeking an Analyst focused on Market Strategy and Client Engagement. This position is a dynamic, exciting opportunity to shape the success of global climate actions through carbon projects at a market-leading organization.
In this role, you’ll focus on identifying market trends and opportunities for Native’s business. This role will target new business channels and support Native’s efforts to secure new partnerships and clients. You’ll also lend your support to Native’s trusted client partnerships, as well as facilitate research and analysis on the carbon market and climate action projects. You’ll directly influence the catalytic impact Native’s projects have on community and landscape levels, and join a team poised for powerful growth and lasting change.
Diverse perspectives and experiences make our team and our work more impactful. We’re committed to building an equitable, and inclusive work environment where we can continually learn from each other, and in turn can strengthen the people, communities, and companies at the heart of Native’s climate action initiatives.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Conduct research and analysis to support opportunities with new and existing company partners, including research into their sustainability goals, and emissions sources, and relevant existing and emerging carbon project types
- Support the Native team to advance opportunities with new and existing company partners through client communication and drafting presentation materials
- Analyze and advise the Native team on carbon market trends, including pricing, demand, and preferences, and stakeholders, including 3rd-party ratings platforms, consultants, and market influencers.
- Co-create and lead the ongoing implementation of programs core to supporting company partners and informing growth, including:
- Calculations: Establish and maintain a consistent approach to, and integrity in, Native’s greenhouse gas emissions calculations, including managing our online calculators;
- Registries: Create and maintain Native’s view of carbon project registries in order to inform opportunities with new companies and potential inventory acquisitions, and to provide input to potential future project development
- Due Diligence: Conduct Native’s due diligence process on external projects and other project opportunities being considered for Native’s inventory or development.
What You Bring
- An understanding of the global voluntary carbon market, its dynamics, and the entities involved at all aspects, including the science of greenhouse gas emissions sources, sinks, carbon standards, and carbon market dynamics
- Experience identifying and communicating technical aspects of a broad range of carbon reduction technologies and practices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage diverse relationships with clients, colleagues, and industry partners
- An aptitude for or background in science, engineering or finance preferred
- Competitive compensation and PTO
- Participation in Native’s equity program
- Employer-sponsored healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
- Life and short-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K and employer match
- Paid volunteer time
- Flexible working hours
- Home office set up stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend
Since 2000, Native has worked with companies to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and to implement community and landscape-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen businesses, and contribute to progress on climate change around the world.
We construct unique projects to meet climate goals, drive business value, and deliver tangible benefits to stakeholder communities – from partners and customers to employees and shareholders. Our methods enable companies to put their sustainability strategies into practice by investing in new climate action projects within their value chain. Since Native’s founding, we have prioritized projects that promote equity and agency by generating economic, social and resilience benefits to indigenous and local communities.
Hiring Process FAQs
What’s Native’s approach to remote work?
Native is a remote-first company, with most roles able to be fully remote within the United States, including the Analyst, MS&E.
What are Native’s return-to-office plans?
Native has an office space in Burlington, VT that is available to employees. Native will not be requiring employees to report to work in person unless their specific role requires it and is designated as such. This role of Analyst, Market Strategies & Engagement does not need to be in the office and will be full-time remote. When possible, Native’s full team comes together in person twice per year.
What’s the interview process like?
After submitting an application, if you’re selected to move forward, you will be contacted by our team for an interview. After your initial interview, you will have two additional conversations with members of the hiring team, and finally present a case study or hiring exercise to the hiring team.