Put your passion and skills to work for the planet. Climate change is the most urgent issue of our time, and we need people like you to help us build a vital Earth — for everyone.
We’re Environmental Defense Fund, a fast-paced nonprofit with a growing staff of more than 1,000 people in nearly 30 countries. We deliver game-changing solutions that cut climate pollution and strengthen people’s ability to thrive despite the effects climate change is already having. We work wherever we can have the most impact, from local communities to top companies to governments worldwide, and even in space.
Our culture, values and commitment to diversity make EDF an exciting and meaningful place to work. Every job here makes a difference. Won’t you join us?
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing the Accounts Payable department and is ultimately responsible for the efficient management of the purchase ledger function and the payment of all company invoices in a timely fashion. Operating as a part of the overall financial management team, the AP Manager participates in the ongoing documentation and analysis of EDF’s finances, as well as the implementation of financial policies and procedures. This position reports into the Associate VP, Accounting Operations.
- Foremost responsibility is to assure the timely and accurate processing of vendor invoices and employee T&E reimbursements in a multi-company or multi-subsidiary environment through the management and support of a team of 3 individuals.
- Monitor daily transaction activity and cash-flow volume and adjust staff work plans as required
- Set up automated systems to track and ensure timely payment of recurring charges (equipment leases, utilities, office rents, contracted consultants, etc.)
- Prepare and enter into an online banking treasury management system domestic and international wire transfers. Follow through on subsequent multi-level on line approvals and releases.
- Review (manual and online) expense documents as required for completeness and accuracy, correct and assign coding where necessary to align to approved budget allocations.
- Resolve issues relating to repetitive coding errors and diplomatically communicate corrective guidance to widely-distributed staff members
- Approve multi-fund expense allocations and multi-department distribution entries
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all AP source documents (accessibility and integrity)
- Manage head-office vendor relations and provide thorough reports and analysis for affecting disbursement decisions and cost reductions
- Monitor terms and trade conditions for national vendor accounts
- Pursue alternative methods of billing and record keeping to facilitate information utility, file space capacity, and environmental concerns
- Serve as corporate security administrator for American Express corporate cardholders
- program governing the use and upkeep of 150+ corporate charge cards
- Prepare timely reports, vendor and cost analysis in conjunction with budget teams
- Assists in the compilation of monthly interim and annual audited financial statements.
- Supervise the preparation of calendar year-end form 1099 informational tax reports for
- qualifying independent contractors and legal firms
- Participates in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address the environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values
- Related tasks as assigned
- Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of six years’ experience
- Advanced knowledge and expert-level hands-on experience in computerized GL and AP software applications ideally in the Oracle NetSuite.
- Must be well-organized and motivated, detail-oriented, and be proficient in the set-up and use of automated accounting systems, including the importing and exporting of transactional data, spreadsheets, interfaced database programs, and online resources in a multi-user networked environment
- Must demonstrate initiative in problem-solving and supervisory leadership, be able to communicate effectively to members of other departments and the public, meet regular and multiple deadlines, and be able to work in partnerships with other staff members to complete projects
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds
Nonprofit experience preferred but not mandatory
We offer a strong total rewards package encompassing competitive salary, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities consistent with a modern global organization.
The pay range for this role is 91,000 - 100,000 USD which takes into account factors such as candidate experience, skills, training, internal team equity and local norms.
How to Apply
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/accounts-payable-manager
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.