The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), a global non-profit organization, is seeking a US Public Relations Manager. The position is based in our Washington DC office.
The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is an international non-profit organization established to address the problem of unsustainable fishing and safeguard seafood supplies for the future.
Our vision is for the world’s oceans to be teeming with life – today, tomorrow and for generations to come. A sustainable seafood market is crucial to making this vision a reality.
We use our blue MSC label and fishery certification program to contribute to the health of the world’s oceans. We want to transform the seafood market by recognizing and rewarding sustainable fishing practices and influencing the choices people make when buying seafood.
We work with fisheries and businesses around the world to achieve this mission.
US Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager leads the Marine Stewardship Council’s (MSC) engagement with US media. This position reports to the Senior Marketing and Communications Manager in Seattle, working closely with MSC’s Global Public Relations team based in London.
This role is central in shaping the MSC’s story with American news media and influencers. This includes design and delivery of strategies which raise the profile of the MSC by driving earned media coverage.
If you have a passion for securing a sustainable future for our oceans’ wild fish, and a desire to drive best-in-class storytelling, this is the job for you!
Lead media engagement strategy and activities with the aim of establishing the MSC as the leading voice for sustainable seafood in the US.
• Develop and implement public relations and communication plans, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
• Act as spokesperson for the MSC in the US, author and edit press releases, briefings, byline articles and develop content for MSC communications.
• Collaborate with stakeholders and partners on communications initiatives from development to release to ensure the strongest stories are told with appropriate use of resources.
• Lead MSC U.S. partner (B2B) newsletter initiative. Author timely, relevant content to inform and engage commercial and fishery partners.
• Manage reactive PR issues; proactively manage seafood industry press to build profile and support for the MSC.
• Maintain a deep understanding of the MSC program and seafood industry trends to make appropriate recommendations regarding external media.
With a strong background in leading the development, delivery and measurement of public relations, this role will build the MSC’s external voice in the US market through thought leadership and content marketing initiatives.
To apply for the post: please email the following material to PRManagerUS@msc.org
A cover letter outlining how your skills, experience and knowledge directly address the responsibilities and requirements detailed in the job specification, which constitute the position selection criteria.
A copy of your current CV.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please write "Public Relations Manager, US” in the email subject line.
Applications closing date: 24th May 2017 @ 5:00pm (PDT)