Posted Feb 07
Hours of Work:
Full time, 45 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between hours of 8:30am - 5:30pm.
As soon as possible. An indication of the notice period you are required to work or graduation date (if relevant) and your earliest possible start date should be identified in your application form.
About the Company:
Eunomia Research & Consulting is an independent and ethical environmental consultancy. We are a mission oriented business and our goal is to be influential in bringing about positive change: we embrace this in all that we do.
We specialize in the fields of waste management, resource efficiency, circular economy, low carbon energy, marine planning, natural economy and climate change mitigation. With the continuous increase of environmental issues across today’s headlines, these fields are gaining momentum on a global scale and, like our specialties, we too are growing as a business. Eunomia currently has over 80 employees worldwide, working across a range of offices throughout the UK and Europe, as well as in New York and Auckland.
We are appointed advisors to numerous blue-chip companies, private equity funds and lenders. We also work with a broad range of organizations from private companies, to national governments, local municipalities and nonprofits (including WWF, Zero Waste Scotland and Plastic Free Waters). Our ability to think creatively in a commercial context alongside our reputation for being at the leading edge of emerging environmental policy and good practice, allows us to effectively and efficiently focus our client support and advisory services.
Our desire to lead by example, and our enthusiastic and supportive team, makes Eunomia a stimulating and rewarding place to work.
We are recruiting a full-time permanent Trainee Consultant. The Trainee Consultant role is an entry-level role suitable for candidates with up to one to two years of relevant full-time or internship experience.
The successful candidate will primarily work closely with – and be mentored by – our experienced Director and staff on the wide portfolio of projects that Eunomia undertakes, relating to waste and resource management, environmental policy, energy and marine services. Duties may include, but will not be limited to:
• Market appraisals;
• Data analysis;
• Primary research, including designing and conducting interviews and surveys;
• Policy evaluation in the fields of waste, marine and low carbon energy;
• Economic assessments, including cost-benefit analysis;
• Life cycle assessment;
• Carbon foot-printing / appraisal of greenhouse gas emissions;
• Project support and management; and
• Bid support.
The successful candidate will spend their time learning our trade by shadowing senior team members, by supporting the team in day-to-day activities and by delivering outputs for clients. Eunomia takes the view that Trainee Consultants should be invested in and will, ideally, progress within the company at a pace determined by their abilities.
• Other company staff;
• Clients; and
• Prospective clients.
We are seeking a highly motivated and high caliber candidate to fulfil the role. Candidates should reflect our values and commitment to quality and are expected to be self-disciplined, well organized and to be able to present themselves in a professional manner. A demonstrated interest in, and commitment to, environmental and sustainability issues is expected.
• Bachelor’s degree level in a relevant discipline, or the candidate can demonstrate practical background or experience that is relevant to the job description;
• Excellent data research, collection and analysis skills, including the ability to work with and manipulate large datasets;
• Excellent all-round IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office, high proficiency with Excel preferred;
• Good verbal and written communication skills including experience in writing technical reports (either as part of a degree or practical business experience);
• Proven organizational skills, working in a calm, logical way to deliver tasks efficiently;
• A methodical and rigorous approach with a high level of attention to detail;
• Ability to apply practical, common sense thinking to real-world problems;
• An understanding of the commercial aspects of the environmental consulting sector;
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with multiple colleagues, peers and external clients; and
• Ability to think creatively and independently and to take initiative to solve problems.
And on a Personal Level:
• You are a confident and clear communicator;
• You can motivate yourself to work independently and fit well within a team; and
• You are enthusiastic, can inspire others and enjoy working hard to make a difference.
Tasks undertaken will vary according to the contracts and clients. However the following types of tasks are likely to be commonly required:
• Client meetings and liaison;
• Meetings with stakeholder groups;
• Contributing to and independently delivering presentations;
• Report writing;
• Proposal writing;
• Data analysis;
• Development and operation of spreadsheet based models;
• Timekeeping; and
• Project management.
Employees are also encouraged to comment on the development of the company and to propose improvements in policies and procedures as appropriate.
Approximately $45,000 plus benefits, commensurate with experience.
15 days per year (plus Holidays) rising by 1 day each year to a maximum of 20 days per year.
In order to be considered all applications should be submitted electronically and must include the following:
1) A formal covering letter (maximum 1 page) addressed to Emma Hanlon summarizing your reasons for applying for the post, your suitability for the post and why you would like to work for Eunomia.
2) A formal resume (maximum 1 page) summarizing your education and experience.
3) The deadline for applications is midnight 02/28/19 (Eastern Standard Time).
4) If your application is successfully shortlisted, you will be invited to complete an online Numerical Reasoning test.
5) First interviews will consist of a written test and a question & answer interview, and will be held at Eunomia’s offices in New York or via video chat, w/c 11th March. Second interviews, if required, will be at a date to be confirmed.
Currently, we are only accepting applications from candidates with a valid US Visa.
Hardcopy applications and resume-only applications will not be considered.
The Company reserves the right not to appoint anyone if no suitable candidates come forward.
Eunomia Research & Consulting is committed to Equal Opportunities and is a Living Wage employer.
Company no. 4150627