Are you driven to help create a world where our communities are inclusive, our democracies are strong, our economies thrive and our planet is healthy? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that is working at the leading edge of sustainability? Is your passion to be in some aspect of nonprofit fundraising or nonprofit development?
If you said yes to these questions, then you’ve found the right job posting.
Since its founding in 2004, The Alliance Center has exceled at bringing together non-profit organizations, for-profit businesses, government agencies, academic institutions and community members to collaboratively find solutions for the common challenges we face in advancing sustainability. Many know us through our LEED Platinum historic building, located in Lower Downtown Denver, which houses both a green event space and a mission-based collaborative workspace that is home to about 50 tenant organizations. Our work convenes, empowers, and mobilizes our network to create long-term positive change in impact areas of environment, community, and economy.
Summary of the Position:
This temporary, full-time, non-exempt, hourly position is primarily responsible for supporting The Alliance Center’s fundraising and development efforts during a team member’s parental leave. This position is needed through the end of the calendar year 2018.
The Temporary Development Coordinator responds to donor inquiries, populates the donor database, processes gift acknowledgements and supports all donor cultivation and fundraising events. Other responsibilities include keeping track of the grants calendar and grant reports, and supporting the Senior Director of Development and other key team members with assigned administrative functions.
Reports to Whom: Senior Director of Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing administrative support for the Development team, including taking notes and collecting action items during meetings, distributing to the team, and following up on action item status.
• Maintaining the organization’s profile on donation sites and nonprofit rating sites.
• Providing administrative support for the donor-development process, including scheduling donor meetings, completing prospect research, responding to donor inquiries and assisting with follow up from donor meetings such as inputting information into the CRM database and sending thank you notes.
• Processing incoming donations, grants, and sponsorships; entering records into the CRM database and ensuring data integrity, timely follow-up, tracking benefits fulfillment, and stewardship.
• Assisting with foundation grant request process, including foundation research, managing deadlines for submissions and follow-up activities required such as thank you notes, grant reports, etc.
• Assisting with the successful execution of assigned fundraising events and campaigns.
• Assisting with the creation of fundraising materials such as proposals, reports, and collateral materials.
• Assisting with the creation of sponsorship proposals and tracking fulfillment of sponsor benefits.
• Assisting with tracking monthly fundraising progress toward budgeted goals, and assisting with the preparation and distribution of informative reports on progress toward goals, prospect strategies and prospect contacts.
• Fielding inquiries regarding funding opportunities and ensuring proper and timely follow-up.
• Assisting with content creation and updates for the fundraising portions of The Alliance Center’s website and other third-party campaign sites
• Other tasks and duties as may be assigned.
• B.A. or B.S. degree
• CRM / database experience, Salesforce.com strongly preferred
• 1 to 2 years of Development and Donor Management experience in a nonprofit setting
• 1 year of experience with Salesforce or similar donor/grant/prospect management systems
• Passionate about sustainability issues
• Passionate about and enjoys fundraising
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy in record keeping, excellent task follow through
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Proven project management experience
• Excellent people skills including the ability to easily build rapport with others and be a team player
• Strong communication skills – both oral and written
• Highest level of integrity, confidentiality and business ethics
• Function efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Expected Work Week: 40 hours per week - can include weekends or evenings for special events or critical deadlines. While this position requires most hours to be worked in the office during normal business hours, there are opportunities for flexibility in work hours and location as long as duties are fulfilled.
Compensation: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour depending upon experience
How to Apply: Before the close of business on June 13, 2018, please email your cover letter and resume by clicking "Apply to this Job" button below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone calls, please.
The Alliance Center is committed to building an organization that celebrates diversity and embodies inclusivity. We encourage and desire applicants from all backgrounds, ethnicities and walks of life to join our team and help grow a more inclusive sustainability movement that truly serves all people.
The Alliance Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or genetics.