The International Living Future Institute (ILFI) seeks a Technical Support Services Manager to provide customer support and technical expertise to project teams pursuing ILFI’s Living Building Challenge (LBC) and Core Green Building Core) certifications. The ideal candidate has been working in the green building / construction industry with broad experience in areas covered by the LBC and Core programs as well as specific expertise in the areas of on-site water reuse, stormwater management, and regenerative water systems design. (Alternatively, this individual could have comparable experience and expertise with ILFI's Living Product Challenge and Materials.) This individual will have experience overseeing multiple projects at once, and must have strong technical writing and communication skills.
The International Living Future Institute mission is to catalyze the transformation toward communities that are culturally rich, socially just and ecologically restorative. As a Social Enterprise, the organization believes providing a compelling vision for the future is a fundamental requirement for reconciling humanity’s relationship with the natural world.
More than a decade ago, the International Living Future Institute issued a living-building challenge: use the built environment to create a revolutionary transformation towards true sustainability. Since then, ILFI has continued to grow our visionary programs, challenging developers, corporations, architects, engineers, designers, manufacturers, contractors, and communities to change the course of climate change and share in building a living future through educating, setting standards, research and creating innovative tools. The International Living Future Institute is a dynamic, growing organization setting a new standard with a formidable reputation for integrity, action and measurable results. ILFI offers a collaborative, team-oriented and mission-driven workplace.
ILFI is a global organization with staff and professional volunteers throughout the USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and South America.
` CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SUPPORT SERVICES
• Provide responsive and proactive technical expertise to registered LBC and Core projects (with focus on those pursuing the Water Petal Imperatives)
o Serve as technical coach and primary contact for assigned registered project teams
o Provide timely and accurate answers to technical support inquiries via email and phone
o Develop resources related to customer technical support such as FAQs
o Develop, manage, and facilitate registered project team calls, meetings, workshops, and other opportunities for peer to peer interaction between registered projects
o Develop, manage, and implement strategies for celebrating project successes and communicating lessons learned, including through presentations, writing, resource development, etc.
o Collaborate across departments to provide technical expertise as requested for the business development, sales, education and marketing departments
• Maintain expertise in LBC, Core, building water related issues and advancements, and the green building industry through multiple channels of professional development and engagement within and outside of ILFI
• Provide feedback related to water in the built environment to the Standards & Policy Department in order to advance ILFI’s programs and resources
• Assist in creation and review for water-related guidance, rulings, information, and resources developed by TSS and other departments including the Standards & Policy department
• Assist with water related education programing in collaboration with other departments
• Assist the Standards & Policy Department with developing a Water Technical Advisory Group (TAG)
FEE-BASED SERVICES FOR REGISTERED PROJECT TEAMS - LBC, Core, and Water
• Manage and act as a primary contact for LBC, Core, and Water related fee-based technical support services
o Manage the execution of contracts including: scoping, work planning, scheduling registered project team conversations, submitting deliverables to project team, and completing project closeout processes
o Complete analysis, report writing and deliverables to meet fee for services contract
o Develop charrette materials
o Facilitate charrettes, workshops, etc. in person and virtually for registered project team services
o Track and report time for each contract to the department director
• Bachelor’s degree in a field complimentary to job duties and mission of the organization
• Demonstrated subject matter expertise and experience in water
• 5+ years of experience within the green building industry including experience in project team support and consulting.
• Demonstrated experience with the Living Building Challenge and Core Green Building Certification
• Comfortable managing multiple deadlines, prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment, and producing quality results with great attention to detail and excellent customer service skills
• Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
• Strong people skills
• Affinity for basic office computer programs with the ability to learn new software applications (hardware and software will be Mac based and experience with Apple products is preferred)
• A strong passion for and commitment to ILFI’s mission and value
• Master’s degree in a field relevant to job duties and green building professions
• Experience with Salesforce and Help Scout
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software applications, specifically Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
• Living Future Accreditation and/or LEED Accreditation
Compensation is commensurate with experience, and is supplemented by ILFI’s generous benefits package that includes full employer-funded health, dental and vision for employees and dependents as well as employee life insurance, disability insurance and a 6% match for our 403(b) retirement plan, three weeks of paid annual leave, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, paid community volunteer leave, connectivity or transportation stipend and a professional development stipend.
ILFI IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DOING OUR PART TO ACHIEVE A MORE SOCIALLY JUST SOCIETY.
We believe that our staff should reflect the diversity of the communities in which we live to achieve a living future that is socially just, culturally rich and ecologically restorative. We are committed to hiring and advancing staff that represent voices from traditionally underrepresented populations. We are committed as an organization to foster better cultural competency, equity and diversity within our culture and policies.