For the last 40 years, Southface has been a leader in the research, design, and implementation of a regenerative economy for the Southeast. We are a group of change makers with a laser-focus on generating the outcomes that lead to vibrant, healthy communities for all.
Regenerative Places + Spaces Team Overview
Our Regenerative Places + Spaces (RP+S) team implements innovative programs and services that impact our buildings and communities. Our implementation scale ranges from improving a single family residence to influencing the way a community plans an entire neighborhood or city. The RP+S team is responsible for ensuring that our work improves the quality of life for all residents, including low-income residents who often do not have access to the elements that influence healthy, energy efficient homes, workplaces and communities.
This RP+S Technical Project Manager works with the Community Impact team on our Nonprofit Energy & Water Efficiency (NEWE) Initiative and Grants to Green programs. These programs enable nonprofits to elevate their missions while reducing the energy and water use within their facilities. Specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct resource efficiency assessments, identifying opportunities to improve energy or water efficiency of building systems.
• Evaluate building envelopes, mechanical systems, electrical systems or process systems to determine the energy or water consumption of each system.
• Consult with internal and external clients on sustainability issues related to building systems and performance
• Prepare audit reports containing resource analysis results and recommendations for utility cost savings.
• Energy and water account monitoring and participant training.
• Educate clients on resource efficiency.
The successful applicant for the position will meet the following requirements:
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree in the fields of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, architecture or building performance; or other bachelor’s degree with 3 years’ relevant experience; or associate’s degree in energy management with 5 years’ experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Exceptional task management and organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Collaborative and positive team-building demeanor
• Commitment to the Southface mission
• Experience in conducting and leading resource efficiency assessments is preferred
• Field experience in design, construction, retro-commissioning, building controls and HVAC and/or lighting design is preferred
• Valid driver’s license with no major violations
Performing fieldwork involves extensive navigation in and around construction sites, buildings, attics and sites, as well as climbing ladders. Therefore, an applicant must possess physical dexterity, endurance and balance to safely and effectively accomplish this work.
Southface offers competitive health and benefits:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• 15 days of Paid Time Off annually (prorated in your first year)
• 10 paid holidays annually
• Excellent medical insurance benefits
• 403(b) retirement plan with company match
• Continuing education and professional development
• Flexible work schedule
• Organizational culture that highly values the contributions and character of its employees
Hours of Work
Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with flexible options. Occasional weekend or evening hours.
Salary and Application Process
Respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “RP&S TPM, Energy Audits” in the subject line. Please, no telephone inquiries.
Pre-employment background checks are conducted on final candidates.
Southface is an Equal Opportunity Employer.