Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an organized, analytical, innovative, inquisitive and collaborative individual with a passion for sustainable building. If you’re interested in joining an entrepreneurial nonprofit, with incredible benefits and flex-time, staffed with intelligent, dedicated people, this is the place for you.
Earth Advantage is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. Learn more about us at www.earthadvantage.org.
We are looking for someone with a wealth of building science knowledge, excellent communication skills, and very high standards in everything they do to perform field inspections. This person should enjoy working in the field, writing, teaching, and learning, and understand the importance of all associated administrative tasks. This position does not involve sales, but customer service provided must reinforce the value proposition conveyed by the sales team.
• Perform accurate building inspections and complete all required checklists and forms, for both single family and multi-family construction.
• Perform diagnostic testing including, but not limited to: duct testing, blower door testing, CAZ testing, and air flow testing.
• Provide education regarding the ENERGY STAR, Earth Advantage, and LEED for Homes programs to builders, sub-contractors, developers, and subcontractors on a one-on-one basis, as a support to the green building consultants.
• Act as a conduit for information flowing between EA technicians, the green building consultants, job superintendents, subcontractor outreach specialist, as well as any other individuals/entities identified in the future.
• Follow up on all failed inspections to ensure that the needed repairs are understood, re-inspect the homes to ensure compliance with the program specifications, and log details of these visits.
• Assist with developing and refining certification programs. This includes researching, writing or rewriting measures, and editing.
• Respond to upcoming changes in program requirements, as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change.
• Lift 50-60 lbs at any given time
• Supply vehicle to and from job site and other assigned duties
• Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
• Superior customer service skills and a sincere desire to help people
• Excellent interpersonal communication, research, and writing skills
• Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituents
• High motivation and energy level with demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Exceptional attention to detail, follow-through, and ability to keep stakeholders informed at all times
• Computer skill set – Microsoft Office
• Interact and communicate with confidence in the green building field (with general contractors, superintendents, developers, architects, and homeowners)
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
• Availability to work occasional weekends or evenings
• Bachelor’s degree in education, business, marketing, sustainability, or related field (or equivalent)
• LEED for Homes Green Rater
• HERS Verifier or Rater
• ENERGY STAR Verifier
• BPI Energy Analyst and Envelope Professional
• Energy Trust of Oregon EPS Verifier
• Two years of experience in green building
• Two years of experience in education, or training and development
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
• Very savvy with new technology
$45,000 - $55,000 annual salary
Please submit the following materials to apply for this position (PDF Format Only). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
• Cover letter detailing qualifications and salary requirements
• Three professional references (can provide on request, if preferred)
Subject line should read: “Technical Field Consultant – Last name, First name”
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE