Sustainability Solutions Advisor
Posted Nov 11
Are you an experienced Solutions Advisor who cares about making a difference in the world, and is excited to make an impact at a growing SaaS company??
Join us at SupplyShift. We’re a thriving SaaS enterprise software platform that creates new levels of visibility in global supply chains by advancing their impact through actionable data. We work to make a difference in this exciting arena of global corporate social responsibility. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and strive to celebrate diversity in all forms.POSITION SUMMARY:
Solution Advisors work closely with the other members of the Commercial team to engage and secure initial business as well as support existing customer implementations and grow incremental business opportunities within existing customers. The Solution Advisor supports the Sales and Customer Success teams in defining compelling solutions for prospective and current customers. The person in this role is an expert in all things related to responsible supply chains as well as the SupplyShift solution so they can match customer needs with solutions that will drive customer success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
• New Business Sales Support- The Solution Advisor will work with each field salesperson on new deals to understand the customer objectives and define/communicate a solution that will meet their requirements. As a trusted advisor, this person will support the sales process as the solution expert.
• Define Expansion Opportunities with Current Customers- The Solution Advisor will work with the Customer Success team to identify and communicate additional areas where SupplyShift can add value within current customers.
• Current Customer Solution Support- As needed, the Solution Advisor will provide tactical and strategic support the Customer Success and Implementation teams to provide expert input and refine assessment objectives and insights to support successful implementations.
• Develop/Maintain Sustainability Expertise- As a content expert, the Solution Advisor will need to continually hone their knowledge about the range of issues that are relevant for responsible supply chains and best practices in addressing those issues. They also need to have a deep understanding of the products and services that SupplyShift provides.
• Establish Credibility with Customers- The Solution Advisor will need to be able to build credibility with customers through direct presentations and written communications.
• Contribute to Externally Published Content- As part of SupplyShift’s marketing efforts, the Solution Advisor will contribute to content delivered such as white papers, blogs, social media, and other publications.
• Deliver Event Presentations- As part of the strategy to gain broad visibility, the Solution Advisor will be asked to present at industry and SupplyShift events (e.g., in-person, virtual, webinars).
• Contribute Content to the Proposal and Contracting Process- The Solution Advisor will write descriptions of the proposed solutions as part of customer proposals and will ensure that content in contracts are consistent with customer commitments and SupplyShift capabilities.
• Other tasks, as designated by Management
• Ability to understand and communicate technical content including the ability to demo SaaS software
• Good communications skills, both written and verbal (multilingual capabilities preferred)
• Ability to lead cross functional teams to develop compelling proposals
• Ability to navigate complex sales cycles at all levels within an organizationJOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• 4 year university degree OR equivalent experience, and two-to-four years of experience in a consulting-related environment
• Experience with environmental or labor issues within organizations
• Knowledge of technology solutions, especially enterprise SaaS solutions
• Proven ability to contribute as part of a customer-facing team
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong presentation, written, and oral communication skills
• Familiar with common business applications
Why SupplyShift? We do this to make the world better. We help companies ensure that their suppliers are responsible, and as a result, we improve supply chain environmental and social responsibility. We work on projects ranging from ensuring that paper supplied to Fortune 500 companies does not result in tropical deforestation, to improving livelihoods for thousands of Rwanda smallholder female coffee farmers. We are an adaptable, dedicated team from all walks of life. SupplyShift is an Equal Opportunity/Veterans/Disabilities/LGBTQ employer.